Track for bulldozer

Bought one of the plans to build this thing from grizzly. Need to find a way to drill holes for the track. Now each piece is....

11/2"x11/4"x3/8" and you need 46 to 48 of these. Now on the 3/8" side you need to drill a 9/64" hole no more than 3/32"from edge of track. so to drill the hole for 11/2" 0n each end . New brad point want to wander and bust out. How in the HE__ did this guy do these things. ? Talked to a machinist friend and he suggested maybe split the 3/8 in half and use a small bit on a router to route out 1/2 of the 9/64 hole then glue the two half back together. And if anyone else has made these from toys and joys could you please spare a few hints on how to make these. The rest of the bulldozer is done and is sitting on blocks like the sons car with no wheels.
Reply to
O D

Drill first, trim to length later.

Reply to
EXT

This is waaaaaay out but, try everything else you can, and if you can't get the holes thru without splitting, ping me and I will set you up with an engraver with a laser (good one). He can burn the holes thru for you. May be slightly darker right at the hole. I would consider this last resort. Good luck Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson

Reply to
Mike Berger