Toy making suggestions/groups...

Hey all,
Is this the place to discuss making toys? Any other groups? Anybody want to talk about toy making here?
My mind's eye is to make a small set of angel wings and halo for my 6 year old niece. I think it would be really neat to use real feathers for the wings. (she doesn't seem to be allergic)
I'm pretty good at wood and metal working but I need to spend some time roaming some craft stores like the Michaels chain, etc.
Jay in Vegas
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:04:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nadasppam-yahoo.com (JJ) wrote:

as long as there is some wood involved, yes.

you'll probably get some responses on that one...

I don't see any wood here...

how about some nice crisp curlies from a bench plane for the feathers?

Sweet Sawdust Handmade Toys, Games and Heirlooms
Be glad to discuss toy making anytime any where. Do mostly batch runs of toys but also quite a few one of a kind items. Try to stick mostly to mid 1800's style items.