Towers Bedroom Tweek

For those that are familiar with the bedroom project that I have been working on, it was completed a few weeks ago. The tower cubby holes on both sides of the bed were a bit large and disorganized. I fixed that and installed some adjustable organization along with routes for clock, cell phone, etc wiring.
Have a look! Than thanks again for all the past comments.
PS. The vertical dado's on the sides of the openings are for the tennons of the towers rails to fit into. These openings are the only place that the dado's are exposed. Theses slots will accommodate "jack studs" :~) to hold the curtain rods up inside the openings. With the latest addition however curtains may not be needed to hide the "mess".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4481963653/sizes/l /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4482617320/sizes/l /
OBTY that top shelf has the 2009 Festool catalogue on it. The whole project was designed around my night time reading material. ;~)

it.
Mike M
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:11:35 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

Oh, by the Yeti?

So, when you're floating around the ceiling, thinking of Festeringtools, they're within reach? Great idea.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Nice job. I agree they look more 'finished' with the shelving. Good idea to make it adjustable. In my case I would have it loaded with paperbacks to read and a spot to hold a drink. Hope you get many years and generations out of it. ;) `Casper

Thank you. I al already rethinking my lay out. I am thinking a drink spot in the narrower back column and remove some of the small shelves.
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:17:02 -0500, the infamous "Leon"

Nah, you want your cupholder -outside- the tower proper for those times you are certainly going to spill it. Put it on the front face about mattress height. A leather rub-strip on the corner couldn't hurt, either. Tack it down inside the reliefs and fasten the cupholder base over it.
Make one for a coffee mug, another for a Big Gulp, another for a teacup, another for a lemonade glass, another for a...well, just pimp it out proper, won't you?
-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Yeah I have been think about that. But in the organizer would be easier. I'd be constructing a cup holder like set up so spilling would be less likely, hopefully.

Maybe a little CHROME on the posts??? ;~)