TOTALLY OT Funny Weather Report

Weather 1, Reporter Zero

This reporter was probably telling viewers to stay in doors and do not get out in the hurricane winds.

Leon

Leon wrote in news:t4udnQOLluBhGUXKnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It is, perhaps fortunately, a fake. Holly Ellenbogan is a character in a TV show.

That said, TV reporters do have a fondness for doing stupid things when a hurricane is going on. I recall the team for the West Palm NBC station - they were sheltering on the (more or less) safe lee side of a building, and the reporter says "we're going to go around and see how things are on the other side", and as they're going around the corner a large sheet of metal (collapsed utility shed, maybe) goes flying by "uh, I think we'll stay on this side".

John

Reply to
John McCoy

One of the things that the TV news does around here in their hurricane reports is place the person in front of the sea oats, and using it to show how fast the wind is blowing.

(For those inland sea oats will move if you breath on it)

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

A reporter seen on local news.....

You can tell how much it has rained by the droplets of water on the hood of this car!!!

Going through that reporters mind.

Did I just say that? I'm an idiot and I hope anyone watching me is a bigger one.

Reply to
Leon

Like the reporter in the boat saying how bad the flooding was and a guy with boots walked by.

Ed Pawlowski

And the reason she finds it "difficult" to control her canoe is that it's hard aground?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:apadnZa9x_OeQkTKnZ2dnUU7- c snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

LOL. Altho I had the reverse situation some years back...it had flooded and there was about 20" of water in the road, so for fun I rowed my boat out into the road and back, and a TV reporter wanted to get a sound bite. So he's on someone's lawn in about 6" of water, and I'm about 4 feet away...but unbeknownst to him, there was a seawall in between, and the water was about 8' deep where I was.

Fortunately we stopped him before he walked over with his mic.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Why? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When I was in college, we owned a mobile home (cheap living). The park was in a corner between an interstate highway and a road with an overpass over the interstate. The culvert tile under the bridge was broken so every time we had any substantial rain the park would flood. One night a neighbor and I had a few too many tequilas and took our canoe out (singing row-row-row-your-boat, of course) for a trip around the park. We met a row boat coming the other way, between a couple of the trailers. Pictures got posted to the local papers and the management of the trailer park weren't pleased.

Reply to
krw

I remember seeing that when it happened. Total crack up.

Reply to
Leon