Totally OT

Page 2 of 2
The low pants wearing is a sign of submission to the authorities!
This demonstrates that in the event of a crime they are incapable of running from the scene.
-----------------------
"Leon" wrote in message
But we as kids probably had more guidance and less free will than todays kids. I pretty much accept trends today however I draw the line where a kid can't keep his pants up and his whole butt crack shows.
I wonder what kind of pressure causes one to want to wear his pants below his butt?
Not to mention things we did as kids are still being done as adults.
Long hair, bell bottom jeans, hip huggers, short shorts, plaid pants, oh MY! Loud music, POT etc.
I can't really can't see an adult employee coming to work with his pants hanging down around his knees.
m II wrote:

Yep. Low pants is a consequence of the authorities confiscating an accused's belt when he's clinked-up.
Just shows you who some classes admire.
I would like to know what holds the pants at that level.
----- "HeyBub" wrote in message
Yep. Low pants is a consequence of the authorities confiscating an accused's belt when he's clinked-up.
Just shows you who some classes admire.
------- m II wrote:

Leon wrote:

We had about 2 hours of music instruction in 8 years of Catholic grade school. PBS and WQXR taught me a lot more. I have 2 family members with taste in music and they gave me a start.
When I was 11, I liked jazz and my friends liked KISS. I couldn't understand why they didn't want to listen to music. It's my opinion now that most people never really listen to music. Not really listen.
But to your question, I don't think school can really make a difference. Most people are born with no taste, but instead with a predisposition to follow a herd. The most you can do is act as a shepherd to the herd, and too many modern parents don't do that. It takes solidarity among adults.

I don't think Beiber has a real sense of individuality. He emulates rappers because he thinks that's the right herd to follow.
Lots of famous or infamous (Lewinsky) kids appear to have parents with no leadership skills at all.

The excess money is detrimental, but it's not catastrophic. They can have discipline at the same time.
When I was 5, I got $5 in the Christmas card from my grandmother. Now they get $100 at a time. I probably got $25 at Confirmation. I know a girl who just got $1100 at her Confirmation.
The result of this is that kids don't learn the value of money, but they can have discipline in other ways at the same time. My sister's son sometimes had more liquid cash than his parents. They took loans from him - with interest. But he wasn't given the kind of license the kids in those pictures get.

http://music.yahoo.com/photos/wango-tango-2012-slideshow/a-photo-1337025812.html

zero, and remove the last word.
On 5/15/2012 4:55 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

I grew up with music being a part of school every year that I went to school. I believe that it certainly does make a difference, as now a majority of the kids have turned to cRAP. If you are not influnced with the good stuff you learn the bad stuff.

IIRC he has only recently turned down that path along with his potty training pants. He has been successful enough to retire but his audience is ignorant as to what decent music really is. The cRappers are teaching the kids now.

Talent down the drain.

The numbers that you are talking about here are irrelevant. Those that are influencing our kids know little to nothing about music and because they do have some talent, although misguided, are making a killing. I guarantee you that if our society brought music back to all of the schools the RAP cRAP would all but disappear.

"Leon" wrote in message
On 5/15/2012 4:55 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:

I grew up with music being a part of school every year that I went to school. I believe that it certainly does make a difference, as now a majority of the kids have turned to cRAP. If you are not influnced with the good stuff you learn the bad stuff.

IIRC he has only recently turned down that path along with his potty training pants. He has been successful enough to retire but his audience is ignorant as to what decent music really is. The cRappers are teaching the kids now.

Talent down the drain.

The numbers that you are talking about here are irrelevant. Those that are influencing our kids know little to nothing about music and because they do have some talent, although misguided, are making a killing. I guarantee you that if our society brought music back to all of the schools the RAP cRAP would all but disappear. ==================================================================I'm having a hard time reading this without laughing.

How many years apart was that. I remember working for $1.25 an hour too. Don't recall getting anything at Confirmation.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just 30 years. I hope you are not saying that inflation accounts for it.

zero, and remove the last word.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Talk about dating one's self.
The minimum wage was $0.50/hr when I started working.
Was still only earning $2.00/hr my last year in college.
Lew
On Wed, 16 May 2012 18:34:24 -0400, Keith Nuttle wrote:

IOW, economists can make the numbers say whatever they want them to say :-).
But they can't quantify the loss of value inherent in the changes in our society since I was a youngster.

On 5/16/2012 12:27 AM, CW wrote:

So am I ... seeing how my Dad threw my sister's Elvis records into the front yard saying: "You call that crap MUSIC??"
(and our each member of family of seven played one or more instruments)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah - another one who has jumped on the "gay wagon" to draw attention to himself at any cost.
I'm still hanging on to hope that Taylor Swift will remain as well grounded as she seems to be.

She reminds me of a girlfriend I had when I was 17... The first time I saw Taylor my heart went thump thump remembering old times.
I still get a little lift everytime I see her. Brings back good memories, and fun times.