Totally Off Topic: Susan Boyle

For those you have not heard yet...
In a world of pirates, crashing economies and political extremism, it a great pleasure to see something unexpectantly good. This woman, with learning disabilities, auditions at a talent competition and becomes an immediate internet sensation.
Go to youtube and enter "susan boyle". And if your heart is not made of stone, you will probably tear up.

Or go to this link This is a "must see". She was on Nightly News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Amazing. Looking at the package, you don't expect what is inside.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Wonderful - thanks!

She is phenomenal. I didn't catch the part about learning disabilities - even more amazing!
"RicodJour" wrote "Lee Michaels" wrote:

She is phenomenal. I didn't catch the part about learning disabilities - even more amazing! ----------------------------------
Yes, apparently there was some oxygen deprivation at birth. She has had a hard life. She cared for her elderly mother for a long time till her death two years ago. She entered the contest to fulfil her mother's wishes for her.
She is not a pretty woman. She has the bushiest eyebrows I have ever seen on a woman. But she is funny and has the voice of an angel.
I really don't know much about the music biz. But if they find the right producer for her, they are going to produce an amazing album. One of the most common remarks on the web is that people want to buy her CD. She could make somebody (simon?) a lot of money.
On Apr 16, 12:32am, "Lee Michaels"

On Apr 16, 8:02am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Proof positive, I just can't grab a macBook off the kitchen table and post away without checking who is logged in...LOL
On Apr 16, 12:32am, "Lee Michaels"

Now this group is asking for verification in order to be able to post..weird.
Susan Boyle. That was a surprise performance. Totally out of nowhere. That wasn't some pity-driven applause, she earned that. We, as Canadians should adopt her and make her a star. We did it for Celine Dion, Rita McNeil, Neil Young, Paul Shaffer, Geddy Lee (Rush) most of them had some oxygen issues at birth.
Susan Boyle, a diamond in the rough. The 'Industry' will probably eat her alive and try to exploit her. I cannot imagine that this success will be good for her.
Godspeed, Susan.
Now this group is asking for verification in order to be able to post..weird.
I have to post to see what you are talking about.
I'll order a cd if Susan makes it. :-)

I didn't have to do anything unusual to post. ???

Perhaps you don't have a "gmail" addy? If this is the case, good. Gmail addresses have been spamming relentlessly as of late. Tom

Perhaps you don't have a "gmail" addy? If this is the case, good. Gmail addresses have been spamming relentlessly as of late. Tom
Thanks!
Lee Michaels wrote:

Good on her!!
--