TOT Motor power

Gents, I have the job of converting a mobile ice-cream machine in a van ;(my daugh ter's), the machine presently being driven by the van's engine, to also be able to run instead on 230v AC when in sensitive or confined places (such a s at Food Fairs, Farmers' Markets etc.) The job is pretty straightforward; I know the required speed, there is adeq uate space for the motor, I only need to add a Fenner Taper-Lock pulley to the original drive shaft and a belt to the motor and any necessary switch g ear. The only thing I need to know is the motor power required. The van engine ( an old Perkins) runs at idle and, with its universal governor, just sags a bit when the ice -cream machine clutch is engaged. Is there anyone in this great pool of knowledge that can help, please? Perh aps you have owned an electric ice-cream machine, or repaired one, or know someone who owns one who would let you look at the motor plate. I would be immensely grateful for any information; she put her redundancy money into t his and I want her to be able to earn a living from it. TIA!
On Monday, 9 June 2014 11:51:15 UTC+1, Limey Lurker wrote:

e able to run instead on 230v AC when in sensitive or confined places (such as at Food Fairs, Farmers' Markets etc.)

o the original drive shaft and a belt to the motor and any necessary switch gear.

w someone who owns one who would let you look at the motor plate. I would b e immensely grateful for any information; she put her redundancy money into this and I want her to be able to earn a living from it.

I'm so sorry, gentlemen; I've posted this to the wrong Group! It was meant to go to UK/DIY However, I still need the help! So, if anyone....
TIA (and apologies)
On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 03:51:15 -0700 (PDT), Limey Lurker

ratio?Suspect the ratio is close to 1:1 and the idle speed is about 500 RPM- so a 1750RPM motor with a 2 inch pulley would about do the job
Limey Lurker wrote:

My acquaintance with Perkins diesels is all with marine applications.
Idle speed will be around 1,500 RPM to prevent "wet stacking".
IOW, the engine has to run hot enough to make sure all fuel is burned.
Is your shore power 50 or 60 Hz?
If 60 Hz, a 4 pole motor has a no load speed of 1,800 RPM.
If 50 Hz, a 4 pole motor has a no load speed of 1,500 RPM.
Questions? Questions? Questions?
Lew
On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:39:26 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

need to be close to 1:1 with either 50hz or 60 hz (1800 or 1500 rpm) motor
On Monday, 9 June 2014 11:51:15 UTC+1, Limey Lurker wrote:

e able to run instead on 230v AC when in sensitive or confined places (such as at Food Fairs, Farmers' Markets etc.)

o the original drive shaft and a belt to the motor and any necessary switch gear.

w someone who owns one who would let you look at the motor plate. I would b e immensely grateful for any information; she put her redundancy money into this and I want her to be able to earn a living from it.

Thanks for the replies, gents, but, as I said in the OP, I know the speed a lready; it's the power that I need to supply that I don't know!
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:59:09 -0700 (PDT), Limey Lurker

an unloader it might not start it???