Torque Unisaw Top

http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Service%20Tips/torque.htm
Lists 40 foot pounds suggested torque for a 7/16" diameter bolt.
It doesn't specify coarse or fine thread.
Does it matter or is it 40 for both?

The Wolf wrote:

Try this link:
http://www.team.net/sol/tech/torque.html

Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

Or this link:
http://www.zerofast.com/torque.htm
Seems each chart has a different opinion.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
On 02/02/2004 12:33 AM, in article cXnTb.109747$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com, "Mark"

Thanks.
There's nothing like the sight of the gallows to focus the mind.
The Unisaw torque requirements are not really that precise. Tighten the bolt till it's just right and stop...
See theses procedures by a company that does it every day....
http://www.sawcenter.com/unisaw.htm
The Wolf wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Thank you Pat. I thought for a minute the whole world had gone mad or the top was going to fly off my saw.
UA100

"Unisaw A100" < snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Okay, I hereby retract my statement that you are not funny.
(watson - who is still curious about whether you have to be rich to be British, rather than being merely English. Lest you believe this to be a question without merit or historical antecedent; I'd heard that Bob Hope was presented to the Queen, who said to him, "I understand the you were born British." Hope is alleged to have replied, "No M'am, my family was too poor to be British - we were English.")
I always loved Bob Hope. I wish he'd lived forever - instead of only almost.
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
sounds right. the british royalty came from brittany, france to england....

"Bridger" wrote in message

Which ones?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

My understanding is that the current bunch (Windsor) is German.
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

the ones after whom great britian was named....

The current crop of "british royalty" is Germanic ...and has been since the early 1700's.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

"Unisaw A100" < snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Except that the root diameter of course and fine are not the same. Also not the same is the angle of the thread.
Here is a chart, might have been posted already: http://www.auto-ware.com/techref/bolttorque.htm
I must admit it would never cross my mind to use a torque wrench on any of my woodworking tools. -- ******** Bill Pounds http://www.billpounds.com