Torn between the urge to .... oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE to destroy!

I'm remodeling my bathroom and the upcoming woodwork is fairly minor and straightforward. I'll need to reframe the entry to accommodate a larger door, do some basic woodwork around the window, stain the new moldings, etc. Nothing all that exciting.

But I have to admit ... WRECKING the room is a hoot! I'm taking out the tub (porcelein covered cast iron) and I'm getting LOTS of stress reduction excercise by whacking that thing with a sledge hammer!

It's fun to cut wood, carve wood, rout, scroll ... but I do think that our inner selfs are FAR more content to destroy stuff!

Woo Hoo!!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in

It's in everybody. I've got one of those Lee Valley Tools pop can crushers. Every time I get a woman into my place, sometime while she's there I ask her to crush a few pop cans that I've saved. I watch with a big grin on my face as she literally goes nuts over the thing, crushing every pop can that I've got. I'm reasonably sure that it's taken by the female of the species as an acceptable but unintended release of aggression. I view it in the same vein as a cat going nuts over catnip.

Reply to
Upscale

Amen! I've got a deck out back that is ready to go. A chain saw, a wrecking bar and a 16# sledge - YAHOO! Just waiting for it to cool down a bit.

Jeez, I wish I has saved a pound or two of C-4 and 10' of det cord from the Army days - now that would be FUN! Ribbon band those boards and call "FITH" (Fire In The Hole)! Could do that in the Texas heat and never break a sweat. 'Course the neighbors might have a minor miocardial event.

Ah, such is life.

Reply to
Tom Banes

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Didja ever see the show on Discovery/Learning channel about demolition? They claim the men who operate the backhoes/cranes/loaders/whatever have one of the highest job satisfaction rates going.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Actually, there's a good chance she's thinking about an ex-boyfriend's balls every time she operates that crusher.

Reply to
Robatoy

My current big sledge was given to me after my boss saw exactly how much fun I was having knocking down the walls at his house. He said to me: "Um... Yeah, why don't you keep that? Cause I'm sure not going to try to take it away from you." It's one of my favorite tools!

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Tim and Steph

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Might be quieter to just run it over with an APC, and the scraps would be easier to collect.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Mike Berger

A buddy of mine was taking down a shop and ask me to help.....he was having some problems getting the rafters down....I said step back, took hold of an eight foot or so long 4X4 and had at em.......

He still asks if he should owe me for helping or charge me for therapy.

:-)

Construction is fine and I enjoy it.... but deconstruction with a heavy, blunt instrument is kinda like Jeeps or cycles...if you have to ask....you just wouldn't understand.

Reply to
bremen68

So you enjoy being a homewrecker? ;) --dave

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Dave that's a whole other blunt instrument...... ;-)

Reply to
bremen68