Tormek's new drill bit sharpening attachment

Me too, I have had the Tomek for about 10 years and bought the whole package when it was about $800. Realistically the add on to sharpen bits is worth about $75 IMHO.

There are only a few sizes I wear to dullness...every 2 years or so... I just get new ones. I can't even justify a Drill Doctor and they're low cost. Mind you, most of the drilling I do is done with those combo tapered/ countersink gizmos from Lee Valley... Then there is one size of forstner style bit, a 35 mm, of which I own 3..and I have those sharpened professionally.

There are only a few sizes I wear to dullness...every 2 years or so... I just get new ones. I can't even justify a Drill Doctor and they're low cost. Mind you, most of the drilling I do is done with those combo tapered/ countersink gizmos from Lee Valley... Then there is one size of forstner style bit, a 35 mm, of which I own 3..and I have those sharpened professionally.
I had so many dull bits it was redicklus. ;~) If I only used the bits for wood working I'd probably only buy replacements but I often get into other stuff. And then I break bits at inopertune moments and those can be revived with a sharpening with out having to make a special trip to the store.

I agree completely, Leon. If it had been only $75, I'd already own one. But three+ times that? No way.

There still appears to be a market for folks who want to pay $300-400 for a Fein multipurpose tool set. Likewise some will be more than happy to put out the extra bucks for this.
Being ignorant on how the Tromek works, I doubt if it is much better or faster than my Drill Doctor. It took some fiddling to figure it out the first time. But once it is set up, I can go through my bench- box of dull bits in a few minutes.
RonB