Tormek Clones

There have been many discussions on sharpeners and up until lately the Tormek was considered one of the best. Probably still one of the best but will we see it disappear? Jet has a clone at a considerable discount as does Grizzly.
And speaking of Grizzly has any one noticed that the basic $169 Tormek Clone is made in Germany?
"Leon" sayeth:

Clone
Actually, made mental note of that fact yesterday in an ad in my latest, and most cherished MIL's gift to me - the "Handyman" magazine (where I learned everything I know).
Hot spit, eh?!
FWIW, I have a Grizzly, low speed, wet grinder that looks almost identical to the $169 version in the mag, but without the "jig" parts.
I wonder if those jig parts would fit/retrofit and put me in Tormek "clone" territory?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

No kidding? When did you get that sharpener? I would take the support bar into Rockler and try out the Jet and Tormek jigs and see if they fit.

Please take it a step farther, what do you think of the Grizzly slow and wet?
"Rick Samuel" wrote

Being Grizzly and does what it does quite well ... I'm just not a fan of wet grinding in a small shop, but it works fine for knife blades and blades bigger than chisels/plan irons if the operator is skilled.
I picked up the Grizzly for $25 at a garage sale. I also recently scored an old Craftsman double shop grinder which showed up in one of my dumpsters ... put a new cord on it and it works like it was brand new, and will spin for 3 minutes after it is turned off the bearings are that good.
Grinders, which I don't really need/use, somehow seem to find me ... figures.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08