TopCote - how is the metal surface supposed to be after treatment? mine is slightly sticky

Hi,
Question - do you find that your metal surfaces sprayed with TopCote end up being slightly sticky to the touch?
I spray a wee bit on, it dries with a slight white haze, and then I rub it gently with a paper towel. when I grab those metal surfaces afterwards (sides of plane body), the surfaces feel slightly sticky and get my fingerprints easily (and I have try hands). My chisels actually take on a slight blueish tint after being sprayed.
(I've done websearches and they say that TopCote is supposed to reduce friction. I assume this means the metal should remain somewhat slippery.)
Thanks!
- Daniel H

I'm guessing you are either not letting it dry long enough or not rubbing off enough. How long did you let it dry before rubbing it off?
Bob
BillyBob wrote:

Maybe one minute of drying time. There isn't any solvent left, the smell's gone away by then.
Perhaps I'm not buffing it enough. Is the surface supposed to regain a fully-metallic look?
Daniel H wrote:

I meant to say *dry* hands.

I can wipe/rub forcefully with a paper towel and remove this blue tinted coating (which feels slighly sticky as well), but then, am I removing the TopCote film?
- Daniel H
"Daniel H" wrote in message

That would be my guess ... you should not be able to see a film when it's buffed out and the surface should be slick, not sticky in the least.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

I usually spray it on thick and let it sit an hour or longer. I guess its habit because I live in Houston where we have liquid air at times. I always buff it so there's no white haze left. It should be slick when you're done, not sticky.
Bob
Daniel H wrote:

I spray it on occasionally. I do it right as I'm leaving the shop, so it dries overnight. Try to let it dry longer. I never had the sticky problems.