Top Coat Tung Oil

Okay,

I've made some beautiful casings for the dining room window out of lacewood and coated it with Tung Oil. They look beautiful but I don't have the glossy or semi-glossy finish that I'd like. Can I go back now and put urethane with a semi-gloss finish on top of the Tung Oil?

Reply to
D Steck

sure

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

Yes but if you hand rub the Tung oil finish enough and generate some heat while doing so it too will begin to shine.

Reply to
Leon