Top Coat for Watco Danish Oil Finish????????

After putting watco finish on a cribbage board, should I top coat it with a wipe on poly or brush on poly or should I just leave it alone after the danish oil? Thanks

Paste wax
(what? you didn't believe me the first time?)
I figured that more opinions would pop up if it was a new thread. Thanks again.

wrote:

Wet sand with 600 grit emery paper and Watco's Satin wax. You will get an unbelievably nice finish.
Doug White
Gotta agree with Doug

brought forth from the murky depths:

Leave it. Denib the top coat with 320 grit, then fondle it a bit to get your skin oils on it. It gets better from there, as it's touched.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to put a building finish on it, it was kind of waste of time to have put the Danish oil on to start with.
Danish oil is a nice oil finish that gives some greater protection then the lower test Tung and Boiled linseed oil.
In any case the Danish oil should suffice for a cribbage board finish.
Rule one of finishing Decide on a finish at the same time you start planning a project. Finishing is NOT an after thought
Rule two of finishing Decide what kind of protection a piece will need
Rule three Decide what look you want
Rule four Pick a finish that satisfies both. This can mean having to make a compromise or two
Rule If one insists on making a finish an after thought slap poly on it
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

Speaking not as a woodworker, but as a cribbage player, I'd say you want it to be wood. Not plastic or fancy finish or gloss or museum piece - wood. Something that feels, smells and looks like wood. Oil at the most. Use wooden match sticks for pegs. Play.
Mike