Top Coat

I have my first new machined table to take care of, and was recomended Top Coat for it. I was wondering what people think of this product? Worth the money for keeping the friction and rust down on my band saw table?
Thanks
Works pretty good. It's too expensive, though.

I use it on my drill press that sits in the shed. A little goes a long way I find. Works great.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Works very well but my concern is more rust prevention that sliding. I've use it on my tablesaw, drill press, mortiser, bandsaw, planes, vice, etc. I find it holds up better than just paste wax and applies easily. Boeshield is also very good but I've not truly done a side by side comparison.
Considering the cost of the tools, it is a modest investment to keep them looking good.
I have been using it for about 15 years. I have used probably 4 cans in that period. Despite what the instructions say. I recommend 3 to 4 heavy coats for a fresh surface and then as needed.

On 10 Jan 2005 17:32:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I hear all positive remarks about TopCoat. I don't have rust issues (my shop is air conditioned), but I do use Johnson's Paste Wax to polish all my machines once a month.

Bostik "Top Cote". Yeah, worth it, to me at least.