Top Coat

I have my first new machined table to take care of, and was recomended Top Coat for it. I was wondering what people think of this product? Worth the money for keeping the friction and rust down on my band saw table?

Thanks

Reply to
megold.andrew

Works pretty good. It's too expensive, though.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I use it on my drill press that sits in the shed. A little goes a long way I find. Works great.

Reply to
Paul O.

A jar of good paste wax costs less and will last several times longer.

Reply to
bob

Works very well but my concern is more rust prevention that sliding. I've use it on my tablesaw, drill press, mortiser, bandsaw, planes, vice, etc. I find it holds up better than just paste wax and applies easily. Boeshield is also very good but I've not truly done a side by side comparison.

Considering the cost of the tools, it is a modest investment to keep them looking good.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have been using it for about 15 years. I have used probably 4 cans in that period. Despite what the instructions say. I recommend 3 to 4 heavy coats for a fresh surface and then as needed.

Reply to
Leon

I hear all positive remarks about TopCoat. I don't have rust issues (my shop is air conditioned), but I do use Johnson's Paste Wax to polish all my machines once a month.

Reply to
Phisherman

Bostik "Top Cote". Yeah, worth it, to me at least.

Reply to
patrick conroy