Tools-Plus.Com Opinions????

Has anyone used them to order tools? Are they reliable? What is your experience?

I need a mortise machine and I would like to buy the Delta 14-651. The local Woodcraft store has them but they want $269.00 plus sales tax. That seem excessive.

Tools Plus has them for $225 and I think their UPS ground is only like $6.95 which is also very fair.

If toos-plus.com isn't reliable who would you recommend?

Thanks!

Elmar

Reply to
Elmar

Amazon.com

Call them and ask for a price match. They will match+10% discount+free shipping.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I don't know about Tools Plus, but I've had good luck with Tyler Tool. They have the 14-651 for $225 and free shipping.

--jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Picciotto

I bought a General 650 and Delta DJ-20 from them, as well as tons of smaller stuff.

They are local to me, but have always been great to deal with. They've been in business since the 80's, well before the dot coms, and they really exist with real stock. TP is not some drop shipper with a web site.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I've used them and will use them again. Check out their 'reconditioned' page

Reply to
TomL
10% of the difference
Reply to
very_dirty_dave

I was going to buy the Delta and then saw the General International - a lot more machine for not that much more money - I got the GI.

BB

Reply to
BillyBob

One advantage of buying at the local Woodcraft store is that they will replace the equipment or refund your money for a year after you've made your purchase on Delta equipment. Woodworker's Supply is almost as good and I'm glad because I brought my 14-651 back to them for a full refund 6 months after I bought it (the casting broke around the depth locking screw and I didn't care for the tool from the day I got it).

Also, that's a heavy piece of equipment. Are you sure that the UPS shipping is only 6.95?

TWS

Reply to
TWS

That's big of them.

Reply to
John B

"Elmar" wrote in news:1123767887.216816.295780 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

No problems here. Bought a Metabo jigsaw from them before Grizzly rebranded them...

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

I decided to go with Tyler tools. They are in Mississippi and since I am in TX the shipping shouldn't take too long unless they don't stock what they sell. I'll let you guys know......

Reply to
Elmar

No idea if they're the same chain or owners, but I have a Tools Plus near me, and they're solid folks. Lots of high-quality tools and good customer service. Well worth dealing with- and looking at the website you mention in the OP, it looks like the product list is very similar.

Reply to
Prometheus

is not a chain, but a one-off bricks and mortar store that also sells online, located in Waterbury, CT.

I think "Tools Plus" is one of those common names for a specialty store. Check out how many "Pedal Power" bicycle shops pop up in Google.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y