Tools are they really on $ale??

Sitting home recovering from this bug that is going around what else is one to do? Watched so much Soprano's that I'm Bada Binged out. Watched the entire Band of Brothers miniseries again. And finally, surf the Net.

Still wondering how JOAT captured his Thankgiving Photographers delight. Surfed the many shop tours at shoptours.org, and finally search the web for true Tool Bargains.

I am always surfing techbargains.com or amazing-bargains.com looking for the ultimate bargain. Which leads me to Amazons Friday Sale. The warning lights and sirens are flashing and sounding. Is this the ultimate Blue Light special???

DeWalt DW735 13" Thinkness Planer $455.99 Not Bad. Actually the Best price I could Find.

I need one of these for my new shop.

Next I need a good Jig Saw.

Bosch Barrel Grip Jigsaw at Amazon Special Friday sale $151.99 Not bad at all. A quick check at CoastTool.com reveal everyday low price of $149. Closer check reveals

Not Bad ToolsPlus.com has it for $153

Delta Benchtop Jointer JT160 Amazon has it for 189.99 and a a quick check

Is there a pattern? No. But I prefer the Powermatic 54A Amazon has it for $749, toolsplus.com has it for $699. But I know CoastalTool has it for $649 because I saw it there last week.

So whats the point?

1.) Tools are to men as Clothes are to women. There are few sales. 2.) Amazon Prices are okay if you know what you are looking for and how much it costs. 3.) Froogle and yahoo searches mostly contains Amazon affiliates. Scary 4.) I'm frigin bored out of my skull as I recupe from this bug.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

Most of the time you will not get the BEST deal from Amazon, but on the other hand, they are never going to soak you either, so they are a safe bet. Large company, known entity, they are never going to take your money and run like some of the other flash in the pan outlets.

That being said, Bosch will be dropping their jig saw prices soon. They are launching a new model the first part of 04 I believe.

With the Powermatic 54A, shipping becomes a real issue. I believe Amazon will prepay it. I loaded one in a truck last week. Believe me, the thing is a horse.

Everyday price for the DW735 should be around $479. Anything less than that is a bargain. I've seen them as low as $431.

Still wondering how JOAT captured his Thankgiving Photographers delight. Surfed the many shop tours at shoptours.org, and finally search the web for true Tool Bargains.

I am always surfing techbargains.com or amazing-bargains.com looking for the ultimate bargain. Which leads me to Amazons Friday Sale. The warning lights and sirens are flashing and sounding. Is this the ultimate Blue Light special???

Hmmm DeWalt DW735 13" Thinkness Planer $455.99 Not Bad. Actually the Best price I could Find.

I need one of these for my new shop.

Next I need a good Jig Saw.

Bosch Barrel Grip Jigsaw at Amazon Special Friday sale $151.99 Not bad at all. A quick check at CoastTool.com reveal everyday low price of $149. Closer check reveals

Not Bad ToolsPlus.com has it for $153

Delta Benchtop Jointer JT160 Amazon has it for 189.99 and a a quick check

Okay. Is there a pattern? No. But I prefer the Powermatic 54A Amazon has it for $749, toolsplus.com has it for $699. But I know CoastalTool has it for $649 because I saw it there last week.

So whats the point?

1.) Tools are to men as Clothes are to women. There are few sales. 2.) Amazon Prices are okay if you know what you are looking for and how much it costs. 3.) Froogle and yahoo searches mostly contains Amazon affiliates. Scary 4.) I'm frigin bored out of my skull as I recupe from this bug.

Rich

Reply to
Rick