tool storage???

Page 2 of 2
Tools in cases ? You have to be kidding right!!!! People that have expencive tools that are used out side a lot, like worm saw I can having in a case and guy's that travel a lot have cases but real men likw to expose there tools
On 19 Nov 2003 20:54:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (JuiceofChicago) wrote:

Perhaps so, however, most REAL me learned how to spell in grade school.

I keep my sawzall in its' metal case becuase it travels a lot, but all the other tools like air nailers and drills, etc, have those plastic cases, and I have tossed them all. Only something with a metal case stays in the case, unless it gets used frequently.
JE

I guess I sort of have a problem with this. I not only keep the cases, I keep the damned cardboard boxes that they come in. I do this for almost everything I buy and SWMBO is just as bad. Our house is filled with boxes. I store the B&D circular saw and 3/8" drill that I bought 20+ years ago in their original, tattered boxes. I also have scrap wood piles containing 4" cutoffs of common 2X4s. It's a sickness I tell you and don't get me started on the stacks of professional journals and misc. papers piled everywhere.
Cheers, Mike
The only thing I keep in their cases are the framing nailers and sawzall. The rest go on a shelf I built against one wall . The Boxes are about 12X12 and the lowers are about 2X12. I store the tool in the upper box and curl up the cord and store it in the lower shelf. I made it out of some leftover MDF and particle board. I got this idea out of one of my magazines but can't remember which one. All the cases are stored in the basement. ________________________ | | | | | |____ |______|______|______ | |____ |______|______|______ |
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

====================Honestly I toss the caes in the trash within a day or so of buying the saw/drill/router etc.... The ONLY case I have around here is for my chain saw...
Bob Griffiths
Yep. I throw mine under the house just in case I "might" need it.