Tool shroud

Page 2 of 2
On 4/1/2012 10:22 AM, Han wrote:

What's pictured is indeed the Festool system, with overhead arm, and the name "Festool" photoshopped.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com wrote in wrote:

Kudos, Rob!
--
Best regards
Han
On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 09:07:18 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com wrote:

Thanks for the chuckle. I imagine they are the most fun project of the year.
On 01 Apr 2012 15:19:22 GMT, Puckdropper

Do a search for gorilla sleeve. And yes, it really is a working, available product. If you need further confirmation, search for gorilla sleeve on the Festool Owners Group. http://techflex.com/prod_NHN.asp
says...

I realize it's a joke but I've picked enough stuck chips out of the throats of planes that it occurs to me that that might not be as silly as it looks.
On 4/1/12 10:26 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

That is the very genius of most of their AFD tools. They have just enough practicality and necessity that it messes with your mind just enough that somewhere deep inside you wish it wasn't a joke.
--

-MIKE-

On 4/1/2012 11:41 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Theses April Fools tools are always too good to be true. LOL
On 4/1/2012 2:37 PM, Leon wrote:

Their tape measure "story stick" AFD tool wasn't a bad idea, and is still for sale, IIRC. The only reason I didn't buy one was that you can apparently only mark on it with a mark-a-lot, which means the lines would be too gross for fine measurements.
Still ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

That's my favorite April Fool's joke so far. I like the irony.
Would a fine-point sharpie work? They make some that are about as fine as an ink pen (but they don't always seem to work well.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

"Swingman" wrote in message

Their tape measure "story stick" AFD tool wasn't a bad idea, and is still for sale, IIRC. The only reason I didn't buy one was that you can apparently only mark on it with a mark-a-lot, which means the lines would be too gross for fine measurements.
Still ... ===================================================================================================== How about a fine tip Sharpie. One thing though, a sharpie is a lot more permanent than a marks-a-lot. It may not come off.
On 4/1/12 5:47 PM, CW wrote:

Acetone, brake cleaner, flux remover, etc, etc.
--

-MIKE-

Sharpies come off with Alcohol.
On 4/1/2012 9:41 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in

It doesn't even have to be the good shellac alcohol, it can be the cheap 70% isopropyl.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 4/1/2012 8:41 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

80 GRIT SAND PAPER. ;~)

That's a hoot! I never knew they had a special April First series until now.
Thanks for passing that along.

I was going to post something yesterday about the famous April fools Lee Valley offering. But I had to work late. I was going to speculate on what would be offered.
It still took a few seconds for me to fully grasp it though. Even though I knew it was coming. My first thought was, Neander meets Normite. My head hurts.
But looking at that video erased any doubt as to the silliness of this product. I like the line in the ad copy that the Festool dust extractor is now converted into a shavings extractor.
Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but they have a sense of humor too. Good people.

Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but they have a sense of humor too. Good people. ==================================================================Yes, and they put a lot of money into it. These jokes of theirs are very expensive.