tool shops in Europe

Hi all,
Maybe this question has been answered before: Can anybody recomend any on-line shops for wood tools/supplies in Europe? I have in mind something like Leevalley.
Thanks for the help Andreas

This is the only one I know of myself: http://www.dick.biz/ (don't be afraid, just click it!) They're in Germany. I am in California. Europe is a rip-off!
Alex
AAvK wrote: > I am in California. Europe is a rip-off!

Oh how right you are.
Niel uk.

Alex
andreas wrote:

Dieter Schmid in Berlin: http://www.fine-tools.com / Nice guy, ships worldwide!
Wolfgang
--
"Holzbearbeitung mit Handwerkzeugen": http://www.holzwerken.de
Forum Handwerkzeuge:
On 28 Sep 2004 03:20:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (andreas) wrote:

Axminster in the UK, Dick or Dieter Schmidt in Germany.
--
Smert' spamionam

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:43:35 +0100, Andy Dingley

I concur for those two, tho' I don't like Axminster's on-line catalogue.
I would also add to the list... Lee Valley itself ! With the current rates of exchange of European currencies to the US dollar, you may well find that it (and the Japan Woodworker) offer the best value for some things, even allowing for shipping and VAT. Moreover, in my experience, the latter is not charged systematically on smaller orders. And Lee Valley's service is unequalled.
only one p in my real address / un seul p dans ma vritable adresse
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:27:35 +0200, Peter Wells

That would be because it's rubbish!
They've been told, but they just don't seem to appreciate what makes a good on-line site and why it matters.

I'd agree with that, but the OP did say Europe.
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:27:35 +0200, Peter Wells

They've just got a new one - an improvement certainly.
--
Smert' spamionam