tool shop brand slide saw any good?

I was looking at saws at a local home improvement store. They have a tool shop brand 12" slide saw on sale for $180. It looks OK for the money. I don't plan on using the saw too often since I only build a few projects a year. Does anyone have any experience or comments on this brand of saw?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
RJ

What brand of tool is in the shop? Capital letters will give a whole new meaning to your questions. You can use either shift key to accomplish that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:J32mg.101322$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

I'm still trying to decide what a slide saw is.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

You don't know what a slide saw is? What next.. Whats a table saw?

Reply to
TomD

Ths brand name on the saw is "Tool Shop"

Reply to
RJ

Reply to
M Berger

"TomD" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Table saw I know. Band saw I know as well. I also know about a scroll saw, sabre saw, mitre saw, jig saw, hand saw, buzz saw and more. I have seen a slide trombone, a slide whistle, a slide carburetor, and even a slip n' slide. I have seen mitre saws with one or two slides but never a "slide saw".

Is a table saw a slip saw or is it a push saw? Is there a shove saw or a whirr saw as well?

All these nick names are confusing.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Don't worry about it. Some people (such as Bulter) are morons.

Reply to
MrT

"RJ" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

That is interesting.

So a left tilt table saw would a a left saw.

I think I am starting to get it now. It was all rather confusing at first. This woodworking stuff is tricky but not bad once you get the hang of it.

Reminds me of something I saw on TV once. One fellow was selling some time sensitive yet valuable information in addition to Tutsi-Frutsi Ice Cream.

Thanks for informing me about slide saws.

pierce

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

"MrT" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Sometimes humor is wasted. Other times it is missed only to have you smack you upside the head when you least expect it.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I thought this was woodworking not comedy central.

Don't quit your day job.. you suck at comedy

Reply to
MrT

"MrT" wrote in news:129lms37pc6pr91 @corp.supernews.com:

I appreciate the advice but I have no aspirations to be an entertainer.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler