Tool Quandry...

About a year ago I got what I thought was a great deal on a used Dewalt/B&D Radial arm saw. Good shape, running, dual voltage, $90!
Worked great for about 6 months, and then the motor fried.
Now I'm getting quotes to rebuild the motor for between $300 (small local shop, may or may not know didly about RAS motors) and $600 (Wolf Machine, total motor rebuild, THE guys to go to)
So the question is, What should I do? Take my chances at $300? Spend the $ and get it done right? Use the Dewalt as a boat anchor, and buy a new real big SCMS?
Thanx for the Help and advice, Lex

Ask these guys: http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher/start
I would cut my losses at $90 and move forward.
BRuce
lex wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Depends on the saw. If it's the classic DeWalt design, I'd get it rebuilt (though I'd look for a better price). If it's one of the ones designed by the penny-pinchers at B&D, dump it.
GTO(John)

Oh yeah, I have a running head/motor for a B&D/DeWalt saw of the cheap type if you're interested.
GTO(John)
Sounds like a bit exorbitant for your quote.
You might try another local shop. Its maybe a half day work. Even at a shop rate of $50, that would only be $200.
Rick