Tool Problem

Page 2 of 2

Hmm - if you email me, vmail me or snail mail me, or call me at one of the six phone numbers associated with me now - I'll walk you though fixing that caliper. Clearly it needs the battery removed to work better.

NIST in Boulder is nearby. Hold on while I check their Cesium clock...

Fortune cookie - "Man with two clocks never really sure what time it is."
My wooddorking version - "Man with two measuring sticks never really sure of size."
Barry
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:05:33 GMT, Ba r r y

thousandths of an inch will never be satisfied with the result."
TWS

You really shouldn't be using a dial caliper for that - it isn't accurate enough. Try a good set of vernier calipers instead.
And then, when you have finally become a fine woodworker and can hit the .750" right on, buy a tenths micrometer so you can shoot for .7500".
John Martin