Tool Guides: Festool, Tru-Grip, or Veritas/Lee Valley? (Continued)

In the same theme as "Tool Guides: Festool, Tru-Grip, or Veritas/Lee Valley" at

just discovered a circular saw guide (other than the three listed in the title): PSI Woodworking PPS-B Portable Panel Saw System.

See

-- do any of you know how the PSI compares to the others? Does the PSI model accept routers? Which is most accurate?

Reply to
Never Enough Money

The Festo guide and plunge saw are a great combination. It has saved me a ton of time in the year since I bought one. I use a piece of one inch foam insulation as the sacrificial work surface, lay the plywood I'm cutting on top of the foam, draw my cut lines on the plywood, then simply lay the guide right on the cut lines and start sawing.

Some of the festo tools are quieter than their competition, but the circular saw isn't at all quiet. The dust collection works pretty well, just a bit escaping.

4x8>In the same theme as "Tool Guides: Festool, Tru-Grip, or Veritas/Lee >Valley" at

FarmerJim