Tool gloat!!

Some benevolent UPS delivery man just left a Bosch 4410L on my doorstep! Reviews and projects to come soon.

I'm so excited about the saw that the free Bosch 1297DK 1/4 sheet sander that came free with it almost seems mundane.

Reply to
James E. Cannon

I am happy for you, but how is that a gloat? It isn't if you paid for it, and it is illegal conversion if he delivered it by mistake.

Reply to
Toller

Well, if you want to get specific, I did pay for it but got (what I feel) is one hell of a deal. $489 (regular price of the saw) - 10% + free sander + free shipping all around. I've spent well over 6 months drooling over this saw and searching for the best price. Amazon finally lobbed one up there for me.

If that's not good enough for a gloat, then feel free to consider it a neener.

Reply to
James E. Cannon

My definition of a gloat:

I didn't have one. Now I have one. I have to tell someone.

I think you qualify. Don't let anyone rain on your parade.

Reply to
LRod

I think the accepted definition includes an element of "... I got it at a ridiculous price".

Correct me if I'm wrong. Lrod is good at that.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

don't let anyone rain on your parade. you can gloat about anything that you've been wanting and are finally able to afford.

good luck with it!

Reply to
unclescrooge

Fri, Jul 7, 2006, 8:29pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@ruckover.com (James=A0E.=A0Cannon) doth claimeth: If that's not good enough for a gloat, then feel free to consider it a neener.

If you'd got the last one, that'd be a neener. Sounds more like a warm fuzzy.

JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal

Reply to
J T

Following advice from many quarters I started my workshop by buying the best table saw I could justify and a jointer.

I realized the downside to this approach while cutting out push sticks with a fret saw.

This then left me with a quandry, invest (i.e. spend more than I should) in a quality bandsaw, buy a medium priced machine and probably regret not paying more or buy an utter POC.

So anyway I just got a Delta 10" bandsaw plus stand for $109 at Costco, the price in Lowes is $200 which is what costco started at, I almost bought the same saw a week earlier when it was$159.

If it is a complete POC my planer will go on the stand, the saw will go on craigslist and I will probably get my money back.

It looks like it should be up to making pushsticks though

Reply to
Phillip Hallam-Baker

It should but rather than a cheap and very limited bandsaw I'd have gone for either a jigsaw or a scroll saw--if you don't already have a good handheld power saw the jigsaw might be the better bet.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Wow, I think the jointer is one of the last things you should buy. I wish I was around in that discussion.

You can use a planer to flatten at least 95% of boards (to "good enough" standards). I read an article about that in one of the mags, and now I only use the jointer when I absolutely have to, and it saves a lot of time.

For edge gluing, a jointer is nice, but with a good tablesaw blade, it is unnecessary.

If you have a jointer, but not a planer, you're going to have a tough time with glue ups, because you can joint one face, but now how are you going to get the opposite face parrallel to the face you just joined?

Reply to
bf

Reply to
dforemsky

Nice

Frank Howell

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

Reply to
Frank Howell

Finally got the saw and stand put together and set up. Pics are in a.b.p.w. This thing is awesome. I've wanted this saw for so long and it has lived up to the expectations. I wholeheartedly recommend this saw. Straight out of the box with zero adjustments of any kind, this thing cut perfect 90s and

45s with ease.

Also, the Bosch TracRac T3B stand I got with it is outstanding. None of the pictures of it that I've seen do it justice. As soon as I opened the box I knew that I had underestimated it. It's solid as all hell.

Reply to
James E. Cannon