Tool gloat

A coworker recently showed me a bunch of tools that an electrician friend gave him prior to moving to the left coast. Among the items were a set of knockout punches, a conduit bender, a Hilti gun, and a Milwaukee right-angle drill, to name a few. Now, we're IT guys, so I'm not sure what he's gonna do with the knockout punches, but the rest of it would have a use at least now and then, I suppose. We tested the Hilti gun and found that you need a purple load to shoot an anchor into the concrete block in the parking lot. Unfortunately, when we tested the drill, we pulled the trigger and got nothing. After we made sure we had power, I told him I'd take it home and check it out. I took it apart and decided that the switch was bad. He told me if I wanted to fix it, I could have it. I called Milwaukee, who told me that based on the serial number, the drill was made between 1974 and 1976 and that the switch was still available. God bless Milwaukee. I picked up the new switch today and installed it. Runs like a champ. For $14, I now have a drill that not only works great, but will give my biceps a workout. Man, is that thing stout!

todd

Reply to
todd

todd wrote: > A coworker recently showed me a bunch of tools that an electrician friend > gave him prior to moving to the left coast. Among the items were a set of > knockout punches, a conduit bender, a Hilti gun, and a Milwaukee right-angle > drill, to name a few. Now, we're IT guys, so I'm not sure what he's gonna > do with the knockout punches, but the rest of it would have a use at least > now and then, I suppose.

If those are Greenlee punches, they are worth a few $.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett