Tool coating

I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked about this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and glide nice and easy again.
He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like, saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw table surface.
I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.
Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff? For the life of me I can't remember.
Thanks, sdm

about
like,
saw
stuff?
I think paraffin would do nicely in both cases.
todd
<<I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked about this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and glide nice and easy again.
He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like, saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw table surface.
I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.
Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff? For the life of me I can't remember.>>
The stuff he used in that segment was a product called called SlipIt. (www.slipit.com)
Here's a link to a page about the episode: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tvprograms/asktoh/showresources/episode/0,16663,516206-576512,00.html
Lee

Lee Gordon wrote:

But use care. The original Slip-It contains silicones. There is a "Sil-free" version, a jell and, I think, a pump spray (as opposed to aerosol packaged) version.
Johnson's Paste Wax works for me.
Walt C