TOOL CHESTS

http://americanhistory.si.edu/toolbox/index.html
Time for a repost.

Great pictures though... thanks.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
J T wrote:

Studley's cabinet was the inspiration for the wall hanging tool cabinets I made. Figure if I aimed really high I'd at least hit the paper rather than the dirt. Another hundred years of practice ...
charlie b

And Krenov's cabinets, and students, inspired me to try a few things, too. Similar results, so far.
Went to see a tool cabinet, made by a friend when he was a student at the College of the Redwoods. On the recommendation of another friend. It was a real learning experience. The woodworker, who has been published in at least half a dozen magazines and books, has a simple tool cabinet, of plywood, with exposed ply edges. He said "I'm busy doing customer work".
I scaled back my grand tool shrine project. Maybe, after the rocking chairs, I'll get back to it. The carcase is assembled, and the doors hinged.
Thanks for the posts, JOAT & charlie
Patriarch
charlie b wrote:

now would be rare, and to declare your a "brother" so openly even rarer in this P.C. obsessed age. At home however....