Tool belts....

Hi all,

3 or 4 years ago, SWMBO bought me a tool belt for Christmas. I thought that I needed one, but up until this past summer, it just hung on a nail in the shop.

As I started working on a built in entertainment unit in our FR, I found myself going up & down a step ladder a lot, not to mention up & down the steps to my basement shop. After one frustrating day with many trips like that, I glanced over at the belt and thought - maybe it's time to strap it on!

Fast forward 5 or 6 months and now I find that the belt has become almost indispensible. I finally know exactly where the tape measure, pencil, utility knife etc are located. It has become like a seat belt in that I no longer am aware that it is there (one of the major reasons I resisted wearing it).

I used to think that wearing a tool belt when I was just working in the shop would be silly, but it has increased my 'workflow' for the better.

Now I know why Norm always wears his.

Maybe it's time to buckle up (if you're not already.)

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I use an apron for the same reason. My wife likes the apron too as it makes for less mess for her doing laundry.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You will know you really are one when you decide that you need suspenders on that belt to help spread the load and carry even more weight in those bags.

Here's another great idea: I own 2 of the double sided ladders. We added a great feature to them by trapping a few rare earth magnets under the top deck. They are strong enough to keep those screws and tools from coming down when you move the ladder.

DanG

Yep, I know how you feel. I use the tool belt for the outside construction kind of work. In the shop I have moved to the shop apron with all the assorted pockets. Don't how I got by so many years with out it. If I go to the shop for a few minutes and don't put on the apron, I feel naked.....

WoodWizzard

loutent wrote:

Reply to
L. Wilson

yeah, I always wear a leather apron now, when in the shop. it keeps my cotton clothes from getting bombarded with wood fibers.

Dave

Reply to
David

Same here. Toolbelts are great for outside, but in the shop, the apron is more appropriate.

At first I felt a little silly not using the belt, but the pockets and cleaner cloths has me sold.

We should get a petition started to get Norm to start wearing an apron.

Brian

Reply to
B Man

I also have a shop apron from SWMBO (last year). It's hanging on a nail too.

Guess that's next.

Lou

Reply to
loutent