Tom Plamann's Site

Has anyone dropped into visit Tom's site lately. He appears to be selling a product called XanGo. It even has his picture on the site. Has he dropped away from woodworking or does he have another site? This is like going to the library of congress and finding a McDonalds. RonB

Reply to
RonB

IIRC he started selling the stuff a year or two ago.

Reply to
Leon

More Bull Shit than it's worth.

I'm not impressed with complex web sites.

More along the lines of the guy who walked into a bar and sat down next to a young lady and struck up a conversation.

Finally they decided to leave, the young woman asked, "Your place or mine?"

The answer.............................................

Decisions, decisions.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lew, I'm appalled at your dismissal of a well-respected past contributor's website...

Nah, you're right. What a webshite. Snake oil, sold by Flash-powered bullshit.

(Is this the same domain name as the woodworker's old site? has it moved?)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I would prefer to think that Tom had been hijacked by aliens rather than it has come to this.

I usually seek out his site at least once a year to see what wonderful work he is doing or contraption he is building with his Dad.

Too Bad.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Tom had mentions of the stuff on his woodworking site.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Sad.

Reply to
S R

"S R" wrote in news:r1vgk.118$_l.54 @trnddc04:

What toxin does this to perfectly good people?

Reply to
Han

He always was a hyper multi-tasker - sound systems and AV stuff, jobs for his kids' theatre, I think one of them was heavy into Drum And Bugle Corp. Kind of surprising about the new version of the site since he just put up a HUGE building for woodworking - mainly high end interior work, spiral staircases, vaulted celings, BIG turned columns and the like. Stuff you wouldn't think a)anyone could afford (the last job I recall him mentioning was a quarter million - just for the stuff he did) and b) anyone could make anymore.

Guess I better take down my link to his site.

Bummer.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

'tis!

Reply to
B A R R Y

For a man of Tom's considerable talents not to be able to utilize them to provide a comfortable living is truly sad.

Hope he is able to find his way back.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I seem to recall that his old site was quite evangelical. Who knows in how many ways XanGo opens one's eyes. Or closes them.

Robatoy

obviously abducted by aliens...

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker