Tom Gauldin - RIP

I got an email from a friend of Tom's telling me he just passed away. In the 1990s, Tom wrote some of the funniest stories ever posted on the rec including what was most people's all time favourite.

Here are links to some of his stories:

?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tom+Gauldin+spot#1193cf8c5ecec9df
might also do a google search on these titles, somehow the links I had no longer work.

Rest in peace Tom and thanks for the laughs

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Yes, RIP, Tom. I remember his posts from the Wreck of old.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for the notice and thanks for the links. Tom will be remembered with a smile after re-reading the stories.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So long, Tom... And thanks for all the fish.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yep...I think I cried at the first of many very funny stories this guy came up with.

He will be missed.

Tom's posts were what made this list in the early years. It's sad to not see anything even approaching his wit and style today.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Tom Watson was starting off pretty good, but then something happened.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

Golf tournaments. ;~)

Reply to