Tom Gauldin - RIP

I got an email from a friend of Tom's telling me he just passed away. In the 1990s, Tom wrote some of the funniest stories ever posted on the rec including what was most people's all time favourite.
Here are links to some of his stories:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?selmXcd2f%244rm%40camel4.mindspring.com
https://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/5b973e958fd49dbc/1193cf8c5ecec9df?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tom+Gauldin+spot#1193cf8c5ecec9df
https://groups.google.com/group/triangle.general/msg/73c43bbf0078f3a0?hl=en&dmode=source
you might also do a google search on these titles, somehow the links I had no longer work.
Rest in peace Tom and thanks for the laughs
Luigi
On Sat, 12 May 2012 09:26:12 -0700 (PDT), Luigi Zanasi

Yes, RIP, Tom. I remember his posts from the Wreck of old.
-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw
On Sat, 12 May 2012 09:26:12 -0700 (PDT), Luigi Zanasi

Thanks for the notice and thanks for the links. Tom will be remembered with a smile after re-reading the stories.
In article
<snip>

So long, Tom... And thanks for all the fish.
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

On 5/12/2012 9:26 AM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Yep...I think I cried at the first of many very funny stories this guy came up with.
He will be missed.
Tom's posts were what made this list in the early years. It's sad to not see anything even approaching his wit and style today.
Pat Barber wrote:

Tom Watson was starting off pretty good, but then something happened.
--
G.W. Ross

Never judge a book by its movie.
On 5/15/2012 3:53 PM, G.W. Ross wrote: