Tom Brokaw explains Canda

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Reply to
Robatoy

Congratulations, my northern friends. Lord, what a game!

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Nice game, guys. Great game. Clean, wonderful hockey! Thanks.

Reply to
Robatoy

Certainly was. the last few minutes kept the heart rate up. Both teams played well.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Congratulations Team Canada! It was one of the best games I've seen in a long, long time.

Reply to
Nova

Could easily have gone either way and silver is nothing to sneeze at. But... I'm happy for us.

Reply to
Robatoy

Congratulations from me as well! I'm not a hockey fan, but I was impressed by both teams' quality of play - it was a game to be remembered!

Hey, Rob - I think it's time for /you/ guys to make a hockey movie! :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

to watch one.

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.

Reply to
Robatoy

Helluva game. The play on both sides was amazing. And the looks on the US team's faces during the medal presentation was priceless, from a Canuck POV.

See you in four, guys.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

It is, and it's a _good_ brag - but then again, I'm inclined to feel that everyone good enough to participate is a winner in their own right. I'm proud of 'em all, wherever they're from and without much consideration for having won (or not won) medals.

Still, claiming fourteen gold medals definitely merits celebration. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Reply to
Robatoy

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

My wife made similar comments. She said, among other things.

"I'm exhausted just watching this! How do they do it?"

"Which ones are the Canadians?"

"Where's the puck? Where's the puck?"

"I hope the US team's feelings didn't get hurt."

That is my honey. You ought to hear her during a football game.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Now, if you're going to get anything done this month, ya better hurry! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool. ======================

That is because you guys live a substantial part of each year in winter. It is an evironment to you. To the rest of us, it is a season. Talk about having the home turf advantage.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:39:11 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Happy Hockey Haulings, HOSER!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm willing to bet that more Americans live (in total) in weather like ours, than there are Canadians in our entire country. Many medals were won indoors, in arenas like those you have all over the country. You also have way more snowy mountains in populated areas than we do. IOW, your home turf advantage story doesn't wash. Add to that the victories you enjoyed in out-door snow-based sports, such as skiing (Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller etc) and your ' home advantage' story falls apart some more. And how many hockey players you sent have Canadian roots? (We kept the good ones for ourselves.) Other than that... see you in 2014.

Reply to
Robatoy

I forgot to mention that 1/2 million dollar practice half-pipe for Shaun White...naaaa.. that would level the playing field with our half- pipe defenders?

Reply to
Robatoy