Tom Brokaw explains Canda

Page 2 of 2

There are some great hockey movies out there. So I'm told. I have yet to watch one.
(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.
On 2/28/2010 6:04 PM, Robatoy wrote:

It is, and it's a _good_ brag - but then again, I'm inclined to feel that everyone good enough to participate is a winner in their own right. I'm proud of 'em all, wherever they're from and without much consideration for having won (or not won) medals.
Still, claiming fourteen gold medals definitely merits celebration. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

We are Canadians, we don't need no steeenking medal to celebrate. <G>
On 2/28/2010 6:39 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Congratulations!
Now, if you're going to get anything done this month, ya better hurry! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Happy Hockey Haulings, HOSER!
--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I'm willing to bet that more Americans live (in total) in weather like ours, than there are Canadians in our entire country. Many medals were won indoors, in arenas like those you have all over the country. You also have way more snowy mountains in populated areas than we do. IOW, your home turf advantage story doesn't wash. Add to that the victories you enjoyed in out-door snow-based sports, such as skiing (Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller etc) and your ' home advantage' story falls apart some more. And how many hockey players you sent have Canadian roots? (We kept the good ones for ourselves.<G>) Other than that... see you in 2014.

I forgot to mention that 1/2 million dollar practice half-pipe for Shaun White...naaaa.. that would level the playing field with our half- pipe defenders?

Helluva game. The play on both sides was amazing. And the looks on the US team's faces during the medal presentation was priceless, from a Canuck POV.
See you in four, guys.
One thing that you can say about the Canadian Hocky Women's team. THEY KNOW HOW TO PARTY!!
Beer, champagne and cigars?? And on the ice rink too. That is just a little too macho for me. They make some fearsome women in Canada!
Apparently there are some wimp, politically correct types who feel that this is not "sports appropriate behavior". All of these whiners would not last 10 seconds on the ice against these girls. I even heard a couple comments thta the girl hocky players are more macho than the guys. But that probably is not true.
<awaiting the obilgatory Canadian response> :-)
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:18:35 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

A friend of mine often refs a mixed gender hockey game on Friday and Saturday nights. He occasionally comments on the aggressiveness of the women. The women realize right away they can get away with the aggressiveness because the guys are afraid to reciprocate ~ at least at first. Another friend of mine used to coach a women's baseball team. He's admitted to me that in private anyway, women are much more crude when it comes to swearing and cursing.
Lets face it. Especially in sports, women are vicious, much more so than guys. They'll take advantage of a situation much faster than any guy would.
On 2/26/2010 11:28 PM, Upscale wrote:

Take a cat fight, for instance. All sense of being "honorable" and "fighting fair" goes right out the window. What two guys would come into a fight kicking and screaming and scratching and biting?
> What two guys would come into a fight kicking

Any that wanted to win. Fair fights are for losers.

Well, you squeaked past the Slovaks. Congratulations.
Be advised that 150,000 lbs. of the finest Texas wup ass has just lifted off from DFW. Flight planned 3:45 time en route to YVR. Delivery is scheduled for 12:15 PM PST Sunday.
-- Doug

Tough bastards. Much tougher than the Russians. I was very impressed with their skill. They shut down a lot of what we used against the Russkies.

Gonna be a helluva a hockey game, no matter WHO wins it,
It'll be interesting to see who's on what line...

blow-outs... what's the fun in that? Besides, the US team should be pretty good. They made it this far. Also, we are far better losers. We don't get all pissy when we have been beaten fairly.

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play hockey......oh, wait...
yep... coffee on the monitor again... pretty sure I've been here before.... ;-)