Toll protection from sub-zero cold

Winter is coming and I have added significant tools to my workshop which will not be heated and be under zero for some 2 to 3 months this winter. What is the best treatment (spray, oil?) for metal tools (saws, jointers, planers, etc.).
Thank you in advance.
GGC
You might try a product called Slipit which is sold by Grizzly under catalogue# G5562 or G5563 http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/249.cfm?. I am sure others sell it too.
Slipit is called a contact lubricant is is silicon free (no residue). G5562 is a spray and G5563 is called a compound gel. I purchased the gel at the recommendation of one of Grizzly's sales reps. After you clean up your table top you brush it on, then wipe it off with a clean rag. I apply it 3-4 times a year and it does a pretty good job. You can buy it for about $10/quart and my first quart has lasted about 2-1/2 years and I've used about 1/4 of the can.
My tools are in an unheated garage and I have very little rust. In addition to protection they help your miter gage and fence slide too.
Thanks for your very sensible answer. I copied everything down.
GGC

Heater?

I moved to Texas, love it here.