TOH host information

Page 2 of 2
Renata asks:

Probably not. IME, the MBA is the limiting factor, not the gender.
Charlie Self
"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers
Sorry - forgot the little grinning face. I was tugging Tom's chain.
Renata
On 13 Oct 2003 19:25:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:56:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com (Renata) wrote:

Ya know, Renata, I pondered this question for a few days in hopes that an appropriate wise ass reply would surface upon the turgid seas of my monkey level gray matter but the process only turned up what I would consider to be a far more interesting question.
Why isn't the spot occupied in the past by Bob Vila, Steve Thomas and now the new guy, whose name I don't know, instead filled by a woman?
In the thirty five or so years of my professional life as a carpenter, contractor and cabinetmaker, I have mostly dealt with women, rather than with men, when doing projects.
The women have made the design choices, oft times in conjunction with design professionals, who were also women. The women have been the ones most available to us working types when we wanted a decision on something and. excluding the purely financial end of things, the women ruled.
I've mostly dealt with the male member of the family only at those critical junctures in the project where the woman simply wanted someone who could shout louder at us than she was capable of.
Many have said that the personages of Bob and Steve are there to represent the average homeowner. If that is true then they are gender challenged in this respect, according to my experience.
I believe that this needs looking into. The This Old House Boys Club (I'll bet they wouldn't even let Darla in, although I would, she was a cutie) has had its way long enough.
It is shameful that a show that runs on PBS would ignore the reality of feminine involvement in the building process. It may indeed be actionable.
I look forward to the day when we hear the TOH theme music being played as background to the arrival of a kick-ass pink pickup truck at the new jobsite and being treated to a closeup of a well turned leg, terminally encased in a steel-toed spike-heeled work boot, as it unmistakably announces a new day in reality TV.
Tom Watson wrote:

Hank