TOH

Anyone catch This Old House episode on A&E saturday? They showed some old footage about reclaimed beams for flooring. Had a very young Norm with a mustache and a very young Bob Villa acting like friends. Laughed my ass off when I saw it.
--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

I think you just saw an episode of "Inside This Old House" a creative endevour to recycle some of the real old shows. They show Bob a lot in these shows because his episodes are not in re-run rotation and they've been going back to when the cast (yes they are the cast!) were introduced to the shows. The first one Richard did, Tommy did, etc.
Kinda interesting but often pointless. It always seem to end - "Yes technology is new today,but the value of good craftsmanship never goes out of style".
Or
"with today's modern materials, the homeowner is getting so much more comfort, safety, style, etc. then what we could have deliverd 20 years ago."
Or words to those effects. TOH is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, so I'm sure the "Inside this Old House" were put together to push this fact.
I do like the segment "Inside/out" or whatever the comic segment is called. They are often very funny.
MJ Wallace
In late 1971 I spent 2 months about 30 miles outside Boston and spent Sat afternoons watching TV and stumbled on Boob prior to Norm. Not fond memories as it snowed Thanksgiving day and they didn't scrape the snow off of the parking lot until noon and the family was comfortably warm in central CALIF and ...!
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:19:24 GMT, BigDog