Today's Hint - Don't do things like this

Page 3 of 7
My father years ago was cutting wood with a power saw, all of a sudden the saw stopped, he turned round to blast us kids when he noticed that the power cord of the saw was about 4 inches long. How the hell he didn't get fried we have no idea because this was about 81 and the saw was a metail bodied beast. Cheers Paul
On 10 Nov 2004 09:13:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mike Girouard) wrote:

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia

I think we can guess what happened to that !
Some friends of mine asked me to repair their handheld planer a while back. They're hippies and are scared of this new-fangled electrickery business. Apart from the fatal "bite", the cable for the planer had at least six oval scoops missing from it, two of them wrapped in brown parcel tape.
--
Smert' spamionam

I dropped a generous glob of Nitromors (Paint remover) on my lap. When the chemical eventually reached my crown jewels there was no time for contemplation. I rushed headlong straightaway into the kitchen, dropped my Jeans and y-fronts, splashed my bare burning privates with water. Such relief. As the agony subsided I realised I had a spectator. The local spinster lady was standing in the road, both hands full of shopping bags, mouth agape.
Jim the Limp

Never, I mean NEVER scratch the family jewels after applying Capzacin-HP to a sore back. This stuff is made from really hot peppers and reacts to body heat. Even a week later you can still feel it when the sun shines on you.
It will make any tough guy cry real tears....trust me.

Here in Australia we have some stuff called Denkorub which is a deep heat type thing for muscle soreness - after a football game you can usually smell the change rooms from 200 feet away because of the stuff.
You learn at an early age to wash your hands twice before you go to the dunny after using the stuff. Cheers Paul
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:42:43 -0500, "Mark Hopkins"

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia

Ski club. "Deep Heat". Don't ask about the rest.
You also need to scrub your hands REALLY REALLY well with lots and lots of soap after using Vicks and before taking a leak.
Wayne

Yeah, and don't think about using it as a sexual lubricant either.......
NoOne N Particular wrote:

Sure would "enhance" the experience, though *G*
Leif

Leif Thorvaldson wrote:

tried that with Ben-gay. She was NOT amused.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

George wrote:

Didn't ask, can't tell
She wasn't happy though, apparently more than a gentle warming sensation. Having wiped my eyes and scratched other parts with that stuff on my hands, though, it couldn't have been good.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
Mark Hopkins wrote:

I heard on the radio today that Scottish regiments stopped wearing kilts into battle during the Great War. Apparently the mustard gas would rise up under the kilt and burn the sweaty parts.
--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Derek Andrews wrote:

Thanks for that visual. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:39:23 -0800, Bill McNutt wrote:

You're very sure it wasn't the Immigration and Naturalization Service?

hey, I've done that to the extension cord on the hedge trimmers a couple of times ;)
Dave Hall
When I was sick one weekend, my wife decided to help out by trimming the front hedge - that was the end of that extension cord. :)
Tom

Ever spliced an extension cord to make it longer. Here's how:
1) carefully uplug the drill from the end 2) get pocket knife 3) admire new hole in pocket knife blade 4) unplug remainder of cord 5) reset breaker
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

I did that, except for me step 3 was "throw away brand new, now useless, Klein Lineman's pliers". You'd think that a pair of Klein lineman's pliers would handle something like this, but then I guess any lineman would probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to do that...