Today's Hint - Don't do things like this

Page 2 of 7
Owen Lowe:

Yahbut, was it said whilst bending over or whilst on your knees?
UA100, who wonders why you never see these tips in the magazines...

That's what editors are for. They don't want to send you the $35.

--zzzing---
THWAP!
OWWWWWW!

Be sure to adhere EXTRA-rigidly to this rule when winding up the cord on the hair dryer after showering...particularly if the towel around your waist isn't snugged up tight (or is absent!).
-- Chuck *#:^) chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com Anti-spam sig: please remove "NO SPAM" from e-mail address to reply. <><
September 11, 2001 - Never Forget
Chuck wrote:

A hair dryer? Is this a neener?
Dave in fairfax (who doesn't need no steenkin' hair dryer)
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Huh?
Sorry to hear that you're follically challenged.
-- Chuck *#:^) chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com Anti-spam sig: please remove "NO SPAM" from e-mail address to reply. <><
September 11, 2001 - Never Forget
Every wonder what would happen if you put your jointer knives in backwards, but were too timid to try it.
Well, it makes setup real difficult and doesn't leave a good edge.

I bet they stayed sharp longer than usual!!
They actually dull really quickly!! Done that. max

toller wrote:

The slot cutting bit for a router will cut, but it smokes a lot and smells like burnt wood:-) Joe

Same for a straight-cutting shaper bit.

BTDT...burnished the plank to death...
Peter Teubel Milford, MA http://www.revolutionary-turners.com
I don't have a phone in the shop, although it might be good for an emergency. The fewer distractions, the better time I have in the shop.

I've got one in the shop. I don't answer it when it rings (that's what the answering machine in the house is for)

Oh, I've got a phone in the shop. The ringer is disabled so that I don't get startled when working with whirling blades. But if I ever do manage to hurt myself past the, "well, that was stupid" point, I want to be able to dial 911.
Bill

It should also be low enough to reach from the floor.
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:09:48 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Remember that "Onion" photo of a flaming house, captioned "Heroic pet turtle dials most of 9-1-1"?

Speaking hypothetically of course, if one were, hypothetically to hypothetically do such a thing, what, hypothetically would happen?
Hypothetically, of course.

Noted in previous post......... the phone survived in fine shape with a few sander scuffs. After some sanding in place on the belt it shot it up against the stop, flew up into the air, bounced off of a wire frame shelf and almost landed in my hand. No, I am not that coordinated. Just lucky.

I have NEVER unwound only 30' of a 100' extension cord reel and plugged in a chain saw and then wondered 20 minutes later where the smell of burning rubber was coming from - after the first time.
FoggyTown