To the group

Page 3 of 3
John Grossbohlin wrote:

On Jiminy, several of them would chase me, staying just a few feet behind. If I stopped, they'd stop. If I took a step toward them, they'd back up by exactly the same amount, as we stared eye to eye.
Very ballsy birds!

Yes they are! The 11/14/08 issue of New York Outdoor News has a photo of a ruffed grouse (just realized I spelled it wrong above... not getting enough sleep these days!) sitting on a guy's nocked arrow as he was about to take a shot at a whitetail. Seems this bird would visit him in his tree stand regularly and got way to friendly!
John
Merry Christmas to you too, Robert!!
And to everyone else on the rec.ww Merry Chrismas!!
--
All the Best
Dale Miller

mac