To: Owners of Makita LS1214

How do you like the unit?
What would you change?
Does it make accurate cuts or does the motor/blade wander during sliding cutting operation?
Does it slide easily after much use? Are there user adjustments for the rails due to wear?
If you have the "L" model, is the Laser useful?
Was the fence absolutely flat across it's entirety?
Have you used or carefully reviewed any other recent model SCMS that you wish you'd purchased instead?
Dave
Hi - I have the ever popular LS1013, it has a 10" blade. Its higly rated and accurate. It may need tweaked when you get it. I would avoid any 12" models due to blade deflection. They actually deform a bit when spinning. Not enough to worry about for framing and building decks but it will confound you if you are making furniture or even doing crown moulding. Ask me how I know!

I chose the 1013 for precisely the same reasons.
What kind of blade did you end up using on yours?