To My Friends In South Texas This Evening

Page 1 of 10
Ain't this Global Warming A Bitch!?!
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Thanks for thinking of us, Tom, but NO problem ... got beaucoup of big Al's media clippings to burn until it swings back the other way. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Tom Watson wrote:

We were warned:
"However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age." -- Time Magazine
http://www.junkscience.com/mar06/Time_AnotherIceAge_June241974.pdf
On another group I predicted:
--
* School closings.
* Freeway closings.

This was the first snow-free November in 162 years in the City Of Toronto. . . . . . . . . not that it means anything, but those global warming doom-sayers are creating a lot of heat with their jaws.
And those Houston folks sent it east, to us here in south LA. Records show it has never snowed here on Dec 4th, until this evening. Last year it snowed on Dec 11th. The gumbo was perfect, both times.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

Whereabouts, cher?
I just finished the last bowl I made for Thanksgiving last night ... to hell with turkey!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
"Swingman" wrote:
> I just finished the last bowl I made for Thanksgiving last night ... to

If you want an argument, change the subject.
As my departed mother often said, "I just never quite get hungry enough to eat turkey."
I agree with mom.
Lew

Mom was a smart woman, obviously.

Lafayette.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

Broke ice along the banks of Bayou Teche duck hunting as a kid, but I don't ever recall seeing snow on the ground.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
HeyBub wrote:

snip
That's free range cats to us gourmets.
snip
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

You left out the frozen, dead, ugly palm trees.
I went throught the Big Freeze of 1982 (1983?) in Houston. There's NOTHING more ugly than a dead palm tree.
-Zz

Yeah that was a be-och, I was working in an unheated environment.
Then there was the freeze in December of 1989 IIRC. Did not last long but the temp of "7" F was cold by most standards.

I think I mentioned that to my son as we were scraping ice off his windshield, using his Daffy Duck Hair dryer, that he has had for 18 years, to melt the ice around the door. It was frozen shut. He has a final at school this morning and I was out there at 6:30 this morning getting the process started before he joined me.
The bitch about global warming is that those leading the sheep into this way of thinking are simply doing it to get rich.
I recall seeing snow in south and south east Texas 5 times in 55 years. It had snowed significantly 3 times in the last 5 years.
Thanks for think bout us. ;~)
Leon wrote:

On the other hand in CT I put on my winter riding gloves for the first time this year last night at 10 PM--my thumb was getting a bit chilly. If this is global warming KEEP IT UP.

It's the American Way. That is not a slight against 'The Way', but think about it. IF Global Warming is a problem, wouldn't you be glad to spend a few billion to fix/solve that problem? Problem---->Solution...somebody gets rich... the American Way. Phony, made-up problem----->Solution...somebody gets rich...also the American Way. Look at the life insurance industry! Selling a $ ?000.0 casket to a bereaved family? More of the same.
Capitalism at its finest. I'm all for it. To have somebody die unnecessarily just so I can then have enough money to put spinners on a Hummer.....not so much.
On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 08:00:00 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Aw fuck this. Why don't we just buy Canuckistan and keep it as a cold storage pantry until the global warming thing kicks in. Once it's actually habitable we might be able to make a couple of euros on it.
Regards,

Well, maybe not as far fetched as you think! The bill is on the table....
http://tinyurl.com/oey2
However, I don't think we could stand the whining about beer, cheating at hockey, "real football", and we certainly don't need anyone else filled with self loathing about being Americans in tears about the country and how we fuck the world over at every opportunity.
Maybe there's a reason we haven't invaded... I'm not sure we want it.
If you watch this you will even see why I don't use a MAC. (I never knew what it stood for.... ;^ ) ) From a Canadian site:
http://video.canadiancontent.net/1996658-southpark-blame-canada.html
I wouldn't vote for it....
Robert
It's the American Way. That is not a slight against 'The Way', but think about it. IF Global Warming is a problem, wouldn't you be glad to spend a few billion to fix/solve that problem?
Global Warming is a myth. Ultimately the government is going to tax me to once again try to repair something that is not broken.
"Leon" wrote:

Just curious, what makes you say that?
Lew