To all Hitachi M12V Owners

I believe you do encounter sticking problem one time or another, recently I removed the springs from the guide posts and I found that only one side of the tubing have a brass insert, the other side just plain tubing without support for the guide.
Could that be the reason for the router plunger to stick and anyone make a brass guide insert for it?
Rather than posting the pics you can see the guide tubing in John Lucas website.
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/cmt-jr6.htm
Thanks everyone
There is only supposed to be one brass bushing. Two bushings would increase the chances of binding because neither plunge posts are perfectly straight nor parallel to each other (manufacturing tolerance).
Try some light machine oil on both rods, as suggested in the manual. It should take care of the problem.

the
support for

brass
website.

the
support for

brass
website.
That's actually the worst thing you could do....It will bind for sure.....clean thoroughly & smear a dab of white lithium grease on the pillars, work it up & down until it moves with ease then wipe any excess off. Very light machine oil will help but again wipe any excess off once it is plunging freely.
--
Jon Down
One brass button. White lithium (Lubriplate)grease...very little bit and work it up and down. SHould work very smoothly and not catch at all.