Titebond unglue

Wanted to undo some prototype assemblies so called tech support and got 180 in oven and patience will probably soften original Titebond for disassembly. Worked!

Thank you! It never occured to me to unglue something. I would have been pissed and threw the item away and started over again. SH
Vinegar works pretty good also if you can get it on the glue.

180 - cool! I need to know this.
ty!

I guess that may explain why the TiteBond III waterproof test did not fair so well as IIRC the pieces were put in boiling water.

During the phonecon I asked about vinegar and she went to the 180 oven not answering the vinegar question. I couldn't get hot vinegar into the joint anyway. She also asked for the name so it has to be tailored to the product. Prototype was nesting boxes with box joints and the nesting mechanics was what was being toyed with. Boxes were fine but mechanism wasn't and needed to go. Learned a couple of things on this one.
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:37:10 GMT, "Leon"

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:29:48 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net"

cool.. thanks for the info!
Kinda makes me wonder if a heat gun might work??
Mac
She included patience in the description. These are 4" X 2.5" X 1/4" boxes and they were in the oven about 1/2 hour and wood split as I used pliers to challenge the glue on the bottom parts. Had to square them in the garage before they cooled as the box joints were flexible still.