Titebond in Canada?

I stopped in HD to buy some waterproof glue for a project, I had some Titebond in mind, but they did not carry it. They had the Monkey glue but it was some horrible price for 2 oz. They also had Lepages Outdoor glue, Elmers glue and Weldbond?? Weldbond looked intriguing for the price, but the specs were a little sketchy. So I ended up with Ultimate something or other, a Monkey glue knockoff made by ProBond I think.

Where do you guys get Titebond (CANADA) or what do you use for a waterproof glue.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Try BusyBeetools:

do not know what is your project? If your work is to be submerged in water for a certain length of time Titebond and Lepage waterproof glues will not work. They are made to be water resistant. In boatbuilding we say that they are no good below the waterline. To test if the glue is waterproof you glue two parts together and let them cured for about one week. Then you submerged them in water and boil them for 1/2 to 1 hour. If they do not come apart the glue is said to be waterproof. If you really want to have your project to be waterproof two part epoxy will fit the bill.

Reply to
<marierdj

I can't seem to find TB in any of the big box stores or Canadian Tire. I've also never asked. I get it at either Lee Valley or Busy Bee.

When I was doing a search about a year ago, I went to the TB site, and tried to find distributors that are a bit easier to find. No such luck. LV will ship it to you.

Reply to
Tanus

Fri, Jan 4, 2008, 8:07pm snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net (Bill=A0Stock) doth wondr: I stopped in HD to buy some waterproof glue for a project, I had some Titebond in mind, what do you use for a waterproof glue.

Titebond is not waterproof, it is water resistant. Even epoxy is not actually waterproof, just very water resistant. If you want truly waterproof glue resorcinal is possibly your best bet. You didn't say what you were going to glue.

JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night.

Reply to
J T

> I do not know what is your project?

Thanks, it's not for a boat, just a cabinet in a damp environment. The cabinet should not remain wet, but will suffer the occasional spill and the Humidity could be around 50% most of the time. I think I'll get some Titebond II for future use, but I've got some Elmer's Ultimate bond (Polyurethane) for now.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Try sealing an edge of MDF with Weldbond adhesive. Works great! (unless you're planning to sand it and finish it with a high grade finish, then I'd use automotive spotputty. I use Weldbond all the time. It is the best PVA out there, with the exception of Wilsonart WA 10, WA 20, and WA 3000. (WA 3000 is a bit of a problem as its minimum size available is 5 gallon.) They even make a Type II ( a two-part catalised version) for using laminates outdoors. I use Weldbond to adhere laminates in difficult commercial hot spots where contact cement just won't stand up. Like in areas around a restaurant steam table. As long as one part of the joint is porous to a certain extent, Weldbond will pretty near glue anything. Available anywhere.

Titebond, all flavours, can be had at Busy Bee and Cabinetmart in London ON. Either will gladly ship anywhere in Canuckistan.

are a great bunch of guys who have a lot of stuff the pros use at retail levels. (none of that minimum order shit the big guys bother you with) They also carry Pozidriv screwdrivers for those adjustable European hinges. (Btw, it is real easy to mess up the head on a posidriv screw with a standard Phillips driver.)

Reply to
Robatoy

"Bill Stock" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

*snip*

50% humidity is in the "comfort" range. It's maybe a little higher than necessary, but definately not wet or humid.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper