TiteBond III through a planer

I have glued up a surface and need to plane it. Does anybody know if I need to use a hand scraper or hand plane to clear the little glue globs before I run it through my DeWalt Portable planer? I'd rather sharpen a plane blade than replace a set of planer knives.
BTW The surface is Maple and Padduck. Using it for a tray on my boat. Boats usually use a combination of teak and holly for the cabin soles. I wanted something a little different.

need
blade
I always scrape off what I can, but I have run TB III through the planer OK.
Scrape it off first. No sense in wearing the blades unnecessarily.
--

Greg

"Dustmaker" < snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com> wrote in message

Probably not any worse than TBII.. But be careful if you sand the two as the Padauk will bleed over to the Maple.

the Padauk will bleed over to the Maple.
Leon,
Please splain.
--
Rumpty

Rumpty wrote:

Humor. Irony. Unexpected blending of incompatible concepts. ("I wish I'd have thought of that.")
I didn't have to clean my monitor when I read it, but I did quickly move my hand over my mouth. ;-)
-- Mark

Sanding produces scratches in the wood. Also it produces dust. The dust from the Padauk will get embedded in the Maple. A scraper or hand plane help to prevent this.
Scrape it off. If it is just the occasional drips and ribbons, a sharp wood chisel and a light hand take care of it quickly.

Definately try to remove it first. I use a scraper usually. If I knew I was going to run it through a planer after glue up, I would just wipe away the squeezed out glue with a wet sponge while it was still wet.
Frank