Titebond III shelf life. Also appreciate an comments from users of this product.

Page 1 of 2
This glue is brand spanking new in my area. Windsor Plywood just got their very first batch.
I need about 1/2+ gallon of this stuff for an outdoor project. Gluing up cedar for some big garden planters. I'm a little concerned as to what to do with the rest. I would like to move it into shop sized 8-16 oz bottles. If I do this what kind of shelf life will I get? Buying quart sizes is quite a bit more money.
Wayne

There is still a limit of a year on shelf life from what I've read. Putting it in smaller bottles will help it from getting thick too soon though. http://www.titebond.com/WNTitebondIIITB.asp
You should be able to get smaller quantity from Woodcraft. Last week I bought 32 once for $12.99 in a local Woodcraft store.

for over 250 miles. The Gallon is only $37.99 quarts are almost twice the price per volume.

Lowes also has it in the 32 oz size
Neal

I bought a gallon of the Titebond III, and asked the same question, so I called Titebond tech support and was told that it has approx 1yr shelf life, and moving to smaller containers will NOT extend the life
John

Titebond III is $29.99 a gallon from Woodworkers Supply. Woodworker.com. Have fun. Joe

How much freight and handling? $5, $10 or maybe $15?

How does $6.45 sound?

If I ordered from Woodworker it would cost rme roughly $80CDN delivered.<g>

$6.45 look reasonable, but if you add it all up
$29.99+$6.45 = $36.44. Is It worth it? No!
I used the T3, the last few days, it is not much different from T1, it cures much slower than T1 and needs longer clamping time. After it dried, I could clean and REMOVE it with a wet warm moist cloth with light scraping from my Formica's table top.
I will skip T3 and continue to use Elma's yellow glue, it cost only $14.00 per gallon at HD.

Oh, I forgot to add.. (long)
If I dunno anything, I will ask, take time to find out. I will test and check, after that I will come to a conclusion. I will change if you or anyone can prove that I am wrong.
An example... many people here swear Timberwolf blades are the best and will die for it. Even the salesperson whom I trust in Woodcraft say so. Nevertheless, I have bad experiences with it. It is really truly crappy. I did try Lee Valley's "Viking" blade, I am surprise LV's 3/16" saw better (almost no saw's marked and very smooth) compare with Timberwolf 1/2" blades which cost almost the same.
Another example, everyone includes woodworking magazines swear that Forrest saw blades are the best and I do not disagree with it. The blade cost more than $100! Did you know you could get Oldham's 10x40 combination saw blades for less than $15?, a 10x50 combination for less than $11! INCLUDING shipping and handling! Fine Woodworking magazine rate Oldham as very good and cheap. Initially, I bought one for $51. I discovered Oldham is really very good. I bought two more at Ebay. Go to Ebay and type "10" carbides saw". Look for Oldham saw, but this honest gentleman selling it. (sorry, I did not post this earlier as I don't want everyone rushing to Ebay and jack the price up before I get what I need. note, the blades may look like being used it's NOT as I found out later after testing it).
I doubt that paying more mean better! Elma glue cost less than Titebond and they are still the same.
This is my honest views and do respect your disagreement if any. :-).

Out in the rain and snow?

It will be interesting to see how many more times the Cheapo blades will have to be resharpened than the Forrest. This is part of what you are paying for, a product that goes the distance, works as good in 5 years as it did new. In the end, for those that to a lot of sawing I am sure the Forrest will be cheaper.
For fifteen bucks or less and definately last more two years plus a FREE re-grinding coupon, it's more than worth it.
Did you see the TWC's demonstration in woodworking shows? Go and see it and decide for yourself! if you can afford to spend more than me and getting the same results, that your RIGHT!
No offence please. :-)

Yes I have seen the show with the Oldham blade. It reminds me of the show that Forrest puts on. And these shows are often done with a Craftsman TS. IIRC the show blade is in the $50-$70 range and again IIRC it has been brought up that the blade in the stores is NOT the same as the one sold at the show although the name is the same or similar. If this blade makes you happy, then that is all that counts.
I wonder what the hook is here though. A $15 blade that comes with a free regind coupon? Typically a resharpen will cost more than what you paid for the blade. Do you see a problem with this picture?

A'yup. That Oldham blade that FWW rated highly is NOT the one found at Lowe's / Sears for $40. It's around $70 from TWC. Whether their "equivalent" in performance or not - caveat user.
That said - I've cooled on Suffolk Saw blades, but still think they're good stuff. And I like my DeWalt "Series 60" 40T combo blade that's now down to $26, in-store, at Tool King.
WD wrote:

I believe if you look in the Lee Valley 2003/2004 catalog, page 98, you'll see:
"Viking Bandsaw Blades These blades (previously identified as the Timberwolf brand)..."
Ah yes, I also though so, I asked the salesperson and she said it is "NOT" Timberwolf. In fact the packaging (yellow) look like Timberwolf. Behind the packaging it state.."Made in SE" (Hmmmm... wonder where is SE?).
I'll swear to it that Viking is better than Timberwolf and I'm sure many of you will swear that Lee valley is honest and a reputable company to do business with?

WD wrote:

I know that the "PS Wood" blades are relabeled TimberWolf. I suspect Lee Valley may have a similar arrangement with the manufacturer.
Rob??