Titebond II Fluorescent Wood Glue

Does this stuff work as described? I'm considering buying a bottle. How dark does the room have to be in order to see fluorescence?

Thanks, Brian

GarageWoodworks

GarageWoodworks wrote in news:f00d4aeb- snipped-for-privacy@t3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

I have never used the stuff, but use a black light to see fluorescence in my work, looking at 8x8 inch glass plates in a portable little "dark room" - really more a box with a viewing hole.

From the website (watch the wrap):

Titebond II Fluorescent contains a dye that, when viewed under a black light, enables woodworkers to inspect the glue line and assist in the cleanup process. It is ideal for most porous materials, is easy to use and cleans up with water.

What you nwill eed is a lamp that emits UV light. Then you need glasses that protect your eyes. The darker the area, the better you can see the fluorescence. In general the good lamps (and especially the filters they use) are not cheap. Also, UV will damage your skin, so do protect eyes and skin well!

Reply to
Han

Han wrote in news:Xns9B61D2AE95236ikkezelf@199.45.49.11:

I Googled for "UV viewing cabinet" and this came up. It does look like what I use.

Reply to
Han

1:

Thanks Han. I use one of those at work also (chemist). I use a 254nM multiple times a day. I would probably use a black light bulb for this purpose. I think I might give it a try.

-Brian

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

How about a DED (dark emitting diode)?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

past...Hmmm. I wonder if they would work for this purpose. :^)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 02:03:34 +0000, Morris Dovey wrote (in article ):

I used to oversee a suite of darkrooms for which I had door signs made:

"Caution Keep door tightly closed to prevent the dark from leaking out."

????

Reply to
Bored Borg

I was told, that in a window-less room, if you took out the light switch, and reinstalled it upside down, it would work. The room would then normally be lit, and turning on the darkening switch, it would suck the light out of the room. Either that, or those hydroponic guys in British Columbia are confusing people or something.

Reply to
Robatoy

Strange you should mention that. My solar panels suck the sunlight out of the outdoors, convert it to heat, and deliver it indoors.

They work so well that it takes all night for the sun to recharge...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

To stave off the possibility of getting burnt, they're going at night. jo4hn has been on their payroll as a consultant.

Reply to
Robatoy

I was a "person of interest" on the Ulysses project (solar polar orbiter) and ended up with a snapshot of the back side of the sun. It's hard to make out any details in the dark though. yee haw, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Gerald Ross

My home is equipped with Dark Suckers, instead of lights...

Reply to
B A R R Y