TISSUE BOX COVER

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howTo&p=Build/TissueBox.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavLumber%20
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in message

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howTo&p=Build/TissueBox.html&rn=RightNavFiles/rightNavLumber%20
Darn! I should have patented that thing when I had a chance.
I maded one of these a couple years ago for SWMBO at Xmas, although mine was made of walnut and maple rather than ply. It was my first "real" wood project, complete with finger joints. Of the many things I learned, don't put a penetrating (Danish) oil finish on the inside; it penetrates the tissue box and you'll be reminded of it every time you go to blow your nose. That took about a year to go away.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tue, Jul 13, 2004, 11:58am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Ian Dodd) says: <snip> That took about a year to go away. Would that be the oil, or the blowing of the nose?
LMAO
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in message (Ian Dodd)

Ah, you caught me being unclear. In this case, I meant the aroma of the Danish oil that had permeated the tissues. Fortunately, the blowing of the nose will never go away or else the market for my (unpatented) tissue box cover will go with it.
Glad you could LYAO,
Ian
Add pictures here
βœ–
If you make sawdust your runny nose will be with you for eons. Shellac would have sealed the inside of the box. I made a built-in unit with Baltic Birch drawers for wife and after several days heard a comment about undies smelling like wood so a wipe on coatd of shellac and no more odor. To be on the safe side the outsides of the drawers were shellaced as well as they were inside an enclosure. The BB drawers that is.
On 13 Jul 2004 20:31:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Ian Dodd) wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Wed, Jul 14, 2004, 8:49am snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net <snip> undies smelling like wood <snip> Might have gotten some cedar, bandsawed into a heart shape, and put in with the undies.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Or simpy explained her that you were applying sympathetic magic, wherein the bouquet of wood led to encouragement of another kind of wood. If she shellacked you for that one then you could shellac the cabinet drawers.

--
--John
βœ–
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Add pictures here
βœ–
DonkeyHody notes:

Wasn't that nice of them? Easy modification for you and ready to make presents for the next Christmas, no heavy thinking about needs involved.
Probably by this time, they've got 5-6 different sizes, so you'd have to know what package your friends and family prefer.
Charlie Self "When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Add pictures here
βœ–