TISSUE BOX COVER

've got a lot of experience of not having any experience.

- Nanny Ogg

Reply to
J T

Darn! I should have patented that thing when I had a chance.

I maded one of these a couple years ago for SWMBO at Xmas, although mine was made of walnut and maple rather than ply. It was my first "real" wood project, complete with finger joints. Of the many things I learned, don't put a penetrating (Danish) oil finish on the inside; it penetrates the tissue box and you'll be reminded of it every time you go to blow your nose. That took about a year to go away.

Reply to
Ian Dodd

Tue, Jul 13, 2004, 11:58am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Ian=A0Dodd) says: That took about a year to go away.

Would that be the oil, or the blowing of the nose?

LMAO

JOAT

We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience.

- Nanny Ogg

Reply to
J T

Ah, you caught me being unclear. In this case, I meant the aroma of the Danish oil that had permeated the tissues. Fortunately, the blowing of the nose will never go away or else the market for my (unpatented) tissue box cover will go with it.

Glad you could LYAO,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Dodd

Reply to
nospambob

Wed, Jul 14, 2004, 8:49am snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net undies smelling like wood

Might have gotten some cedar, bandsawed into a heart shape, and put in with the undies.

JOAT

We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience.

- Nanny Ogg

Reply to
J T

Or simpy explained her that you were applying sympathetic magic, wherein the bouquet of wood led to encouragement of another kind of wood. If she shellacked you for that one then you could shellac the cabinet drawers.

Reply to
J. Clarke

About 10 years ago, I designed a wooden box to hold the Kleenex box. Had a sliding bottom so the Kleenex box stayed inside when you picked it up. Finger joints and fine woods. Spent days making a dozen of them for Christmas presents for the family. Just a few months later, Kleenex made their box bigger.

DonkeyHody "We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." - Mark Twain

DonkeyHody

Thu, Jul 15, 2004, 5:12pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (DonkeyHody) Just a few months later, Kleenex made their box bigger.

It's the thought that counts. LOL They'd come in handy to keep rubber bands in.

JOAT

We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience.

- Nanny Ogg

Reply to
J T

DonkeyHody notes:

Wasn't that nice of them? Easy modification for you and ready to make presents for the next Christmas, no heavy thinking about needs involved.

Probably by this time, they've got 5-6 different sizes, so you'd have to know what package your friends and family prefer.

Charlie Self "When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self