Tips for potential Studo Woodworkerists - An Example

In my earlyier article, posted to rec.woodworking, I presented Ten Insights Into hHow to Become a Studio Woodworkerist. Since then I've begun implimenting some of those Insights.

I am now a Rotationiste (think of some Cubist's painting, pull out some component(s) and add rotation).

I've begun two new series of works

- my Paradox In Wood Series (Paradox In Wood - making objects which triggers familiar phrases / quotes/ concepts and, using the proper wood, creates a mental twist/ paradox. and

-my Sets Series.(The Sets Series - two or more pieces, which when grouped together as a set, provoke the viewer to think - or better yet - to laugh). From now on, when posting in Rotationiste Mode, I shall use the name Chawls Bayldon (there would be a tilde over the "o" but I can't figure out how to put it there).

In the near future my pieces will only be made of Macassar Ebony, Tulip Wood, Pink Ivory or Jummy Wood.

I've decided against providing any dimensions for my pieces, leaving that to the viewer(s) of my works.

I've invented Plasticity Illusionism - creating the illusion that a hard natural organic material (wood) can be made to appear to be a soft, pliable semi-solid or even a viscous liquid. If Dali can do melting watches I can get wood to drip.

looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and am looking into the feasabilty of wearing dual monocles. If anyone has suggestions on how to find a lava lamp or recomendations for a good type of incense - or where to get Mur/Mir/Mer (?) . ..

Come on guys and gals - support the arts.

Chawls Bayldon The Rotationiste formerly known as charlie b

ps - Is my tongue in cheek obvious? If so, I need to work on that if I hope to ever cash in on this new persona

Reply to
charlie b

No, no, NO! You have it backwards. Camie bow tie or day glo ascot.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I don't know about that ... is the belly button ring gold or silver?

Reply to
Swingman

Snip

Take your pick, hold the ALT key down while entering the number, should work with any text only app. ô 147 ö 148 ò 149 ó 162 Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

We ought to let the contractors get in on this thing.

During some phases of the job they act as deconstructionists.

Those who are particularly adept could be said to be engaged in

Art Demo.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Oh. Ouch. Damn. Hurts worse than those lidocaine shots yesterday.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Myhrr. Find an alternative bookstore that sells "essential oils"

Reply to
Prometheus