Tips and Jigs

Hey guys Jason here again. Is there any place where i can download a few tips and jigs from the internet. thank you.
--
Jason&Randi

http://www.woodworkingtips.com / http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 50 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set - GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw - Triton Powered Respirator - Veritas Power Tool Guide - Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo - Band Saw Handbook ------------------------------------------------------------
Dean, I read your review of the Veritas Power tool guide. Hmmm. I think a good review mentions competing products: Festool, Tru-Grip, PSI, for example. I like to know the head-to-head comparisons - Consumer Reports style.
I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons of these products for months....
See http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm 4e90djvc6s0butj390ksp17d7kj63e0v%404ax.com&prev=/groups%3Fdq%3D%26num%3D25%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26group%3Drec.woodworking%26start%3D25.

One more point: you review of the Veritas Power Tool Guide doesn't mention the slight error introduced by having _two_ pieces. Perhaps it's such a tiny bit that it's negligible but I'd like to know. Intuitively there must be some, however small.....

Never Enough Money wrote:

If there's an error introduced, it's small enough to be undetectable in use. I use that guide to cut 8' 1/4" plywood panels to fit CNC machined grooves (0.0015 depth accuracy) and was pleasantly surprised by the results.
The two parts of the Veritas guide join in such a way that the two halves are clinched together /very/ tightly; and LV seems to have machined the ends *quite* square.
While it's possible that I just "got lucky", my experience with stuff from LV would indicate that the product is made with the same care I've seen in their other tools. I'd be inclined to guess that your intuitive hypothesis is reasonable, but incorrect. (-:
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
One more point: you review of the Veritas Power Tool Guide doesn't mention the slight error introduced by having _two_ pieces. Perhaps it's such a tiny bit that it's negligible but I'd like to know. Intuitively there must be some, however small.....

jasonmahoney wrote:

Yes.
UA100
On Mon, 03 May 2004 23:03:35 GMT, "jasonmahoney"

Jason, just do a Google search on "woodworking tips jigs".
Prepare to spend several hours going "hey, that's a good idea!" and "why the heck would anyone want to make -that-?"
I've spent a lot of time this way, and it's fun & educational.
HTH
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
yes. sit right in front of your pc and download to your heart's content! :)
dave
jasonmahoney wrote:
Is there any place where i can download a few

No! The folks who are obsessed with troll filters wrote a filter that eliminated all those tips and jigs. But, they're working on a new and improved filter.

A computer works reall well for donwloading.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland