Tip of the Day

When cutting a rectangle (square U shape) out of the side of a board, mark the side to be cut and the side to be left alone. Otherwise it is possible to cut the wrong part out.
I know that you or I would never do that, but it happened to a guy that lives on my street so I figured I'd pass it on. Just in case.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome /

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I'm trying really hard to see how this could happen. Nope, just not seeing it, uh-uh.

My sympathies to your friend. You should take him out to dinner at a good resturant. Marc

When that happens, next thing you know it'll end up in your shop and you'll have to fix it.
... if you don't believe me, just go look.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Funny, there's a man on MY street who does dumb things too.
sometimes he's really upset and can't believe his own bad luck/stupidity
I think I'll take him out for a beer to cheer him up.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I've heard of things like this but never actually saw it happen.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

That's happened to me before...where I said : "Some idiot cut on the wrong side of the pencil mark!!"

That's happened to me before...where I said : "Some idiot cut on the wrong side of the pencil mark!!"
Better: "Some idiot put the pencil mark on the wrong side of the cut line"
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I once met a bloke who did things like that, then I got rid of the mirror in my workshop and never saw him again.
Mekon
--
Mekon

Hmmm.. if you mark both sides how do you know which one is which? :)
Thanks, I'll pass that one on to my, um, neighbor.
jc

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

One reason I have a box of white chalk on hand.
Tends to solve the above problem.
Lew